Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I originally ordered a Mach-E (in early July) to replace my 2017 Bolt which Chevy completed the buyback for in October. After hearing some of the stories with regard to the Ford and deciding the first year model year cars tend to be a pain, I went ahead and ordered my Model Y in September. As things stand right now, it looks like both the Ford and the Tesla will be here maybe next week. I was going to just give the Mach-E back to the dealer for them to gouge some unsuspecting customer on but now I'm considering taking both cars. Anyone interested in a Mach-E GT (not the Performance Edition one), with the pano roof and co-pilot stuff? :)
We...are jealous on your new Model Y. hahaha, congs!

• Funny
Reactions: SirSycho
We...are jealous on your new Model Y. hahaha, congs!
It's not here yet, and judging by some of the other experiences I'm seeing in this thread, it may still get pushed. If it gets pushed, I may pick up the Ford and drive it til the Y shows up.

1641940180757.png

Quick question- I just got a text from Tesla to see if I have a trade-in to help them prepare for delivery. I don't have a trade-in but is this an indication that I might get my car soon...did anyone else had a similar experience..just trying to understand delivery timeline as I have travel booked for first week of Feb. OD sept 8, white on black
I am running out of youtube videos to watch, i feel like I know every feature and every corner of this car already.
Exactly this! I’ve watched them ALL. There’s no inch of the thing I don’t know. I hope it doesn’t make delivery day anticlimactic.

How do you know the exact EDD? I just have that as June in the Tesla APP.
No one knows the day or the hour of delivery. 😂 My ESTIMATE is 2/12-3/12…But that could change any day. I meant I have watched enough YouTube videos to operate a Model Y with my eyes closed. There’s only so much you can say about ‘me. I’d like to see more bout Acceleration Boost for MY. I’m buying that for sure!

• Funny
Reactions: cyber2077
Exactly this! I’ve watched them ALL. There’s no inch of the thing I don’t know. I hope it doesn’t make delivery day anticlimactic.
I've run out of videos, pictures and info to consume during this long long wait. So in addition to checking this site or my app several times a day, I spent several hours drawing the damn thing on my iPad over the holidays. Another poster posted a pic of their car and I was stoked to finally see a blue MYLR with the Rimetrix rims. Talk about knowing every inch!

Attachments

• Tesla Model Y.jpg
    Tesla Model Y.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 58
I've run out of videos, pictures and info to consume during this long long wait. So in addition to checking this site or my app several times a day, I spent several hours drawing the damn thing on my iPad over the holidays. Another poster posted a pic of their car and I was stoked to finally see a blue MYLR with the Rimetrix rims. Talk about knowing every inch!
YES! Rimetrix Laminars are on my shortlist as well!

Reactions: cusetownusa
How do you know the exact EDD? I just have that as June in the Tesla APP.
After a month or so the App will start giving you an EDD with a range. Once you get a VIN your EDD range will be around 4 days, less, closer it is to Fremont. Finally the App asks you to pick a 2 hour window for delivery.

BTW, I noted your location. The weather and surf is nice in Carlsbad. I went to college near bells beach in Torquay in Australia. I had my best fun in the sea there. If you do visit Australia you can rent a Tesla and drive along the great ocean road and there are tons of great beaches to surf. Some of them have rip tides as well.

• Funny
Reactions: cyber2077
My impression of them is that they’re mostly short sellers and typical raging trolls, with a handful of real experiences.
I note your location is Minnesota. Facebook has an excellent and active Minnesota Tesla owners club group. I have learnt a lot about the problems some are having with the frequent failure of the heat pump. But loads of information on charging locations and super friendly people. I have seen posts where some one is running out of juice and posts there and members inviting them to get a quick charge in their home.

I note your location is Minnesota. Facebook has an excellent and active Minnesota Tesla owners club group. I have learnt a lot about the problems some are having with the frequent failure of the heat pump. But loads of information on charging locations and super friendly people. I have seen posts where some one is running out of juice and posts there and members inviting them to get a quick charge in their home.
I’m in there! A friend of mine was one of the first members.

That’s a very good community where a lot of them (like /r/realtesla, but sometimes /r/teslamotors) can be pretty toxic.

The heat pump issue has been interesting to observe. It does sound like it really is a software issue where there’s a timing to shutdown at a certain point which should be fixed. Still very frustrating for those that have experienced it, though, and yet another data point for “cars made by people who don’t leave California”.

I’m in there! A friend of mine was one of the first members.

That’s a very good community where a lot of them (like /r/realtesla, but sometimes /r/teslamotors) can be pretty toxic.

The heat pump issue has been interesting to observe. It does sound like it really is a software issue where there’s a timing to shutdown at a certain point which should be fixed. Still very frustrating for those that have experienced it, though, and yet another data point for “cars made by people who don’t leave California”.
Cool!

I enjoy realtesla. it's a window into the issues (we know plenty about the successes) of Tesla. It's also helpful. Tesla doesn't seem interested in fixing or addressing problems unless they're forced to do so, and the more public visibility there is regarding the problems and failings of Tesla, the more chance these issues will be seriously addressed. Which will help the company because, as @45thParallel mentions, the competition is coming, and it's already making compelling EVs.

Personally, I'm particularly unimpressed with the ongoing heat pump failures. I'm wondering how they didn't seriously, rigorously test this, given that -25C temps are common across the Upper Midwest, most of Canada, and happen in New England, Colorado, etc., etc. I don't want to be struggling to stay warm in Minnesota winter temps. My 2001 Camry still kicks ass with its heating: 21 years on, matching this shouldn't be challenging.

Reactions: Tesraki