Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As long as we have people settling/defending the broken status quo, the tesla's sub-par customer experiences isn't going to improve.

Same as most others here.. my EDD disappeared for a single day, then went back to the previous range.

I just need to say that i recommend not stressing about zero communication from Tesla, shifting EDD, etc. What i AM stressed about is, what will the quality of the car be. PLEASE GOD LET ME AVOID TESLA SERVICE.

Reactions: Mathnerd103
In no brand are buyers more fixated on gaps. I am not sure when this all started. It is important to note that car cabin is not sealed from the outside elements by metal to metal contact. It comes from the rubber lining. As long as the gaps do not lead to metal to metal contact and degradation of the sealing system, you are good. So when receiving the car, do look at gaps if you wish, but look at the more important finishes such as dents, scruff marks, paint imperfections etc. As a Mechanical Engineer, I tend to be a functional guy and less of an aesthetic person. Just my 2c.

In no brand are buyers more fixated on gaps. I am not sure when this all started. It is important to note that car cabin is not sealed from the outside elements by metal to metal contact. It comes from the rubber lining. As long as the gaps do not lead to metal to metal contact and degradation of the sealing system, you are good. So when receiving the car, do look at gaps if you wish, but look at the more important finishes such as dents, scruff marks, paint imperfections etc. As a Mechanical Engineer, I tend to be a functional guy and less of an aesthetic person. Just my 2c.
Complaints are always louder than praises. When I took delivery of my M3 in 2019, I was a bit worried based on everything I read online. Then I realized it was mostly just noise from people looking for something to complain about. Not to say there are no issues, but the overwhelming majority of people won't have them.

Gah! I know I'm not supposed to check every day but not only am I in June Jail, I now have a date range of June 15-July 13. This after holding steady at Jan 25-Feb 22 since early December, and with an estimated delivery of February when I ordered.

I'm pretty over the Tesla ordering experience and wait, if it weren't for the range and charging network I'd be looking at other options. I read about Peloton pausing their production due to decreased demand this morning and couldn't help but wonder if that is where Tesla will be in a few years...

ODD 9/16, MYLR, MSM/white, 5 seats, 19", no tow or FSD

Reactions: BGOwner and Tesraki
Gah! I know I'm not supposed to check every day but not only am I in June Jail, I now have a date range of June 15-July 13. This after holding steady at Jan 25-Feb 22 since early December, and with an estimated delivery of February when I ordered.

I'm pretty over the Tesla ordering experience and wait, if it weren't for the range and charging network I'd be looking at other options. I read about Peloton pausing their production due to decreased demand this morning and couldn't help but wonder if that is where Tesla will be in a few years...

ODD 9/16, MYLR, MSM/white, 5 seats, 19", no tow or FSD
did you have pending trade in that need to be completed? (accept vs reject the offer)

I did and it asked me a few days ago to update the mileage because the offer expired, which I did. Would that affect the date? Honestly, I think we're going to keep the other car (a Fiat 500e for quick commuting) - would it be better to remove it?
I do think it may play a role. I am also in the june jail till i realized the trade in is still pending, so i went ahead and accept the trade in, now going to see if it will take me out of june jail. I talked with someone else who are in june jail and he do have pending trade in offer as well.

Reactions: monkee88
I've had 4 EDDs in just the past week. June then 5-31 March, then June again, and as of this morning 15 May-11 June. It appears a lot of us here in Florida have seen a lot of EDD changes very recently.
Guys I am happy announce that finally after being stuck in September Jail for 2 months, I have an updated delivery window of May 19 - June 16. Although it is further out than my original window of April - May, It's still a huge relief. I hope things will start moving soon for everyone.

Reactions: c77m and Tararua
So, two days in, how's the car? Winter driving good? I'm very envious....

I did and it asked me a few days ago to update the mileage because the offer expired, which I did. Would that affect the date? Honestly, I think we're going to keep the other car (a Fiat 500e for quick commuting) - would it be better to remove it?

Might be coincidence, but the day after I rejected their trade in offer my EDD went from June to 2/17-3/17 and now the app looks different. Before all it had was a link to my account but now it has a bunch of different options to complete everything through the app once I get my VIN.

Up until yesterday my trade in was always in limbo as I neither rejected or accepted it...I just kept updating the mileage every time it expired.

Both Carvana and Vroom offers are well above the Tesla offer. I have had great experience with Carvana in the past. However, Vrooms offer is $1250 more than Carvana...anyone here have experience with Vroom?

Guys I am happy announce that finally after being stuck in September Jail for 2 months, I have an updated delivery window of May 19 - June 16. Although it is further out than my original window of April - May, It's still a huge relief. I hope things will start moving soon for everyone.

Interesting...my OD was a couple weeks after you and my EDD is 2/17-3/17. The only difference is my car is MSM and yours is white and we have different pickup locations. Although, I can't imagine Mt. Kisco is that far from your pick up location in NJ.

Might be coincidence, but the day after I rejected their trade in offer my EDD went from June to 2/17-3/17 and now the app looks different. Before all it had was a link to my account but now it has a bunch of different options to complete everything through the app once I get my VIN.

Up until yesterday my trade in was always in limbo as I neither rejected or accepted it...I just kept updating the mileage every time it expired.

Both Carvana and Vroom offers are well above the Tesla offer. I have had great experience with Carvana in the past. However, Vrooms offer is $1250 more than Carvana...anyone here have experience with Vroom?
thank you for sharing this with us. it does look like the trade in messes up with the order (where it should not be in first place)

Thank you! I went in earlier and deleted my trade in, hopefully this will help move things along. And it's good to know about the other options if we do decide to get rid of our other car. I haven't heard of Vroom before, will be interested to see if others chime in.