Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that this is a surprise, but it looks like my local SA was wrong when he told me my VIN F377xxx MYLR will have the AMD Ryzen and Li-ion battery. I had asked him via text and he texted back "I just checked and it does have the new battery and the Ryzen CPU". That sounded pretty solid to me since he said he "checked" rather than just saying something general like all the recent deliveries have the Ryzen.

Today I had some questions about payment but I couldn't reach my local SA by text. So I tried calling and spoke with another person who is not local. He told me my build date was 2/11 but the car DOES NOT have the Ryzen and new battery. He was very definite about it. Having worked many years at AMD I know the difference from an Atom and I don't want the Atom.

I told him I want the Ryzen and now he's supposed to contact my local SA (who I can't reach) to cancel this VIN. This sucks! :mad:

Update:

The local SA just now got back to me. He apologized and said he had their tech check on my VIN and the reason he didn't answer my texts was because they didn't pop up for some reason (humm...). Anyway, he said I'm a priority now to get another VIN. We'll see how long it takes. I guess the main news here is that even a MYLR built on 2/11 can have the Atom cpu.

MYLR, white ext, black int, Gemini, 5 seat, has towing, no FSD
OD 9/12

Last edited:
Hi all - I'm scheduled to take delivery of MYLR on 02/16. Just paid a visit to the service center and was able to spot my car and take few snaps.. how bad does the panel gap look? Should I setup service appointment to fix it? I checked couple of other cars and one of them looked slightly better.

Attachments

• DSC_2765~01.jpg
    DSC_2765~01.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_2764~01.jpg
    DSC_2764~01.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_2763~01.jpg
    DSC_2763~01.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 66
Hi all - I'm scheduled to take delivery of MYLR on 02/16. Just paid a visit to the service center and was able to spot my car and take few snaps.. how bad does the panel gap look? Should I setup service appointment to fix it? I checked couple of other cars and one of them looked slightly better.
I would have told them while I was there that I would not accept delivery until its taken care of so you don't need to schedual it.

Not that this is a surprise, but it looks like my local SA was wrong when he told me my VIN F377xxx MYLR will have the AMD Ryzen and Li-ion battery. I had asked him via text and he texted back "I just checked and it does have the new battery and the Ryzen CPU". That sounded pretty solid to me since he said he "checked" rather than just saying something general like all the recent deliveries have the Ryzen.

Today I had some questions about payment but I couldn't reach my local SA by text. So I tried calling and spoke with another person who is not local. He told me my build date was 2/11 but the car DOES NOT have the Ryzen and new battery. He was very definite about it. Having worked many years at AMD I know the difference from an Atom and I don't want the Atom.

I told him I want the Ryzen and now he's supposed to contact my local SA (who I can't reach) to cancel this VIN. This sucks! :mad:

Update:

The local SA just now got back to me. He apologized and said he had their tech check on my VIN and the reason he didn't answer my texts was because they didn't pop up for some reason (humm...). Anyway, he said I'm a priority now to get another VIN. We'll see how long it takes. I guess the main news here is that even a MYLR built on 2/11 can have the Atom cpu.

OD 9/12
I'm curious to know if say u went ahead with the delivery process and actually verified your self on the vehicle settings just to confirm or is this even possible then reject if it has the atom chip and just wait for another vin with out adding any fees?

Update:

OD 9/12
Interesting, my VIN is NF377xxx as well (got today morning).
I called Customer Care and they "checked" and said mine has the latest upgrades installed. When I dug further the rep confirmed its AMD. Reading your post makes me nervous again :oops:

Just confirmed with Tesla support my newly built F379 VIN has the intel processor and old battery. Been waiting so long I don’t want to unmatch but it kind of sucks…
I have an Atom GPU. The only impact of it is on watching Netflix or streaming channels. It has 0 impact on driving functionality. I chose not to wait. There will always be improvements in Tesla and one could forever keep wishing for something or the other. With the continued supply chain issues, who knows what is going to be downgraded due to shortages. I think you are doing the correct thing by taking delivery.

Out of curiosity for those who have picked up their MYLR, has anyone opted to pay for the Acceleration Boost? teslas-2k-acceleration-boost-upgrade
I am curious if it is still offered and if anyone had feedback on if they liked it or not? (Maybe not the best question to ask during winter... :p )
+1 I wanna know! I plan to spring for this right after delivery!

Reactions: samori01
I'm curious to know if say u went ahead with the delivery process and actually verified your self on the vehicle settings just to confirm or is this even possible then reject if it has the atom chip and just wait for another vin with out adding any fees?
I see no reason you couldn't inspect your car and then request another VIN if you see a problem. It might just take a bit longer to get the new VIN.

I wasn't that patient and it might pay off because my SA already found another potential VIN (don't know it yet) with a build date of 2/12 (mine was 2/11) which arrives in just a few days after mine would have. SA confirmed it has AMD Ryzen (he read it off the Tesla Garage app they use) and it's still on the truck so it's not a reject or demo.

OD 9/12

Reactions: carlos916
Out of curiosity for those who have picked up their MYLR, has anyone opted to pay for the Acceleration Boost? teslas-2k-acceleration-boost-upgrade
I am curious if it is still offered and if anyone had feedback on if they liked it or not? (Maybe not the best question to ask during winter... :p )
It shows up as an upgrade option on my Tesla app for $2k, so must still be available.

I’m confused on all this intel talk lately. Has anyone shown proof of taking a delivery of an intel with a build date of 2/1/22 or later? I’m pretty sure someone was told by a service center that their car was intel and since then people continue to speculate. Anyone actually have proof with a build date?

I for one don’t even plan to ask if my car is an amd because its a given at this point.
Build date 2/12 with VIN F379. I have intel.

Reactions: BGOwner
First time super charging.
Had to use while the finishing touches are done on my home charger. One charger has one connector. You park on one side and when the person parked on the opposite side is done, then it's your turn. I didn't know this.(I don't know if that's true at every super charger location). But you can check on the app to see how many are open when you are heading over. Peak hours cost more than off-peak hours.

Attachments

• 20220214_213637.jpg
    20220214_213637.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 66
I’m confused on all this intel talk lately. Has anyone shown proof of taking a delivery of an intel with a build date of 2/1/22 or later? I’m pretty sure someone was told by a service center that their car was intel and since then people continue to speculate. Anyone actually have proof with a build date?

I for one don’t even plan to ask if my car is an amd because its a given at this point.
I think its confirmed at this point that at least VINs in the 377-380 range built in the last couple of weeks are mostly (not all) Intel Atom, and that this was confirmed by actual deliveries by multiple people on this forum.

If you care, you should probably ask if the car has the Ryzen chip.

First time super charging.
Had to use while the finishing touches are done on my home charger. One charger has one connector. You park on one side and when the person parked on the opposite side is done, then it's your turn. I didn't know this.(I don't know if that's true at every super charger location). But you can check on the app to see how many are open when you are heading over. Peak hours cost more than off-peak hours.
The car looks great! So many on the road now.

Reactions: Mathnerd103