Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am actually debating about going from the 20" to 19"wheels and saving money for the acceleration boost. I am guessing that will push back my EDD of 8/1-9/26. (OD: 9/13/2021)

Does anyone know if the acceleration boost is still an option for MYLR? Any chance any other Sept dates have tried downgrading their config?
Currently: MYLR5/Blue/20"/Tow Hitch/NO FSD
I think it could push you back even more.

My EDD was 6/1-6/29 for a long time for a MYLR7 MSM/Black/20/No Tow/No FSD for OD 9/7. Part of the reason is that local Tesla people gave me bad info to NOT finalize lease application until VIN assignment so my PC wasn't until December.

With the slower production of 7 seaters, figured I'd save some money and just go with a 5 seater for faster delivery... and dropped to 19s at the same time which turned my MYLR into a base MYLR with just paint option. Tesla sees that and updates my EDD to AUG-OCT timeframe. Your 8/1-9/26 is actually pretty close to where mine ended up before I gave up on the MYLR and switched to MYP so... 🤷‍♂️ But I don't think Tesla is in any hurry to produce lower sticker MYLRs when they have managed to drive MYP demand at a higher price by prioritizing more expensive cars!

I think it could push you back even more.

My EDD was 6/1-6/29 for a long time for a MYLR7 MSM/Black/20/No Tow/No FSD for OD 9/7. Part of the reason is that local Tesla people gave me bad info to NOT finalize lease application until VIN assignment so my PC wasn't until December.

With the slower production of 7 seaters, figured I'd save some money and just go with a 5 seater for faster delivery... and dropped to 19s at the same time which turned my MYLR into a base MYLR with just paint option. Tesla sees that and updates my EDD to AUG-OCT timeframe. Your 8/1-9/26 is actually pretty close to where mine ended up before I gave up on the MYLR and switched to MYP so... 🤷‍♂️ But I don't think Tesla is in any hurry to produce lower sticker MYLRs when they have managed to drive MYP demand at a higher price by prioritizing more expensive cars!
Well I just bit the bullet and decided the 20" wheels were not worth it. Made the edit design change will keep the thread updated.

No immediate change to EDD.

Reactions: Fight On
+1
No MYP because we'll be sharing this car with our newly minted teenage drivers means...
- slower is better (if there's a way to lock their profiles on 'Chill' that will be great)
- 21" low sidewalls, curbs and new drivers don't mix - 19's please

Zero interest in FSD until it's as reliable as the driver assist features in the cars we have (TACC /w steering, lane change and auto-park).
Don't like feeling I'm being forced into paying for something I don't want so...
I'll be here until an LR is delivered as ordered (or discontinued) or @Antonius138 gets his - whichever happens last - lol
Yep all the same reasons for me to be on perma-chill to get exactly what I ordered. With a family of 6 I got bills to pay and I could barely afford the Tesla as it is with daycare costs, plus I got a 15 year old that can't wait to show the ladies the cool car he is "learning" how to drive in and I'm old enough to where I want the drive comfort of the 19's. Don't worry @bob00 I'm sure I will be around here for a while. I feel like I'll be breaking a record or something when the calendar flips over to 2023 lol

Reactions: Farslasher
Yep all the same reasons for me to be on perma-chill to get exactly what I ordered. With a family of 6 I got bills to pay and I could barely afford the Tesla as it is with daycare costs, plus I got a 15 year old that can't wait to show the ladies the cool car he is "learning" how to drive in and I'm old enough to where I want the drive comfort of the 19's. Don't worry @bob00 I'm sure I will be around here for a while. I feel like I'll be breaking a record or something when the calendar flips over to 2023 lol
I'll be right there with you! Us Oregon folks seem to be getting no love. EDD been holding strong for the past few weeks at April 23-May 28.

Reactions: Antonius138
My EDD is 13 Jun to 25 Jul, and I am just a bit closer to California than you.

Reactions: Antonius138
It could be quiet for another reason as well. Perhaps many of the remaining Sept orders are from folks like me that are in geographically remote to Fremont spots and not good candidates for jamming deliveries into end of quarter. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the remaining Sept orders are East Coast. Lets remember that Austin was built to focus on supplying the right half of the country for model Ys...so a reasonable chance that the bulk of Sept orders yet to be filled are some of the initial Austin shipments. And to me, that is preferable.

It could be quiet for another reason as well. Perhaps many of the remaining Sept orders are from folks like me that are in geographically remote to Fremont spots and not good candidates for jamming deliveries into end of quarter. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the remaining Sept orders are East Coast. Lets remember that Austin was built to focus on supplying the right half of the country for model Ys...so a reasonable chance that the bulk of Sept orders yet to be filled are some of the initial Austin shipments. And to me, that is preferable.
Assuming the roll out isn’t incredibly slow

I’m still not sure what they’ll be shipping out of there. The EPA approval for another MY variant is suspicious… And structural battery packs with 4680 cells would be a significant change to the current MYLR config. Fun times. Can’t wait to hear what’s gonna go down. I just need some news on the government green light on Austin deliveries.

+1
No MYP because we'll be sharing this car with our newly minted teenage drivers means...
- slower is better (if there's a way to lock their profiles on 'Chill' that will be great)
- 21" low sidewalls, curbs and new drivers don't mix - 19's please

Zero interest in FSD until it's as reliable as the driver assist features in the cars we have (TACC /w steering, lane change and auto-park).
Don't like feeling I'm being forced into paying for something I don't want so...
I'll be here until an LR is delivered as ordered (or discontinued) or @Antonius138 gets his - whichever happens last - lol
I'll be right there with you! Us Oregon folks seem to be getting no love. EDD been holding strong for the past few weeks at April 23-May 28.
Same! Just patiently waiting in MN. Figure I’ve waited this long, what’s a few more months? Does make me a bit sad that I’ve already sold our other car. A little tough to be a one car family. And I suppose I can pay off some other debts before this loan starts 😆 At least I didn’t have to mess with winter tires right away…?

Reactions: Kubelfan
Yeah, WTF??? I am out here in Vegas too, ordered 9/27/2021. Basic MYLR white, no FSD. Paying cash, no trade in. Just got my 10th EDD, went from 4/14-5/12 out to current 6/13-7/25. I am getting pushed further and further out over time the last few months. Folks are upgrading so that must have a lot to do with it. I did see a couple posts of people ordering FSD and than canceling FSD after getting VIN # just a few days before pick up. So basically these folks are cutting to the front of the line and then bragging about it! Fortunately my wife still has her 17 year old Toyota to drive for now, but I seriously think she may need it well into 2023 the way this is going!
I’m in Vegas also. I have the same EDD as you. Hopefully we will get new closer ones soon.