Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Build subtotal is around 10-11K less than what the current price of a base MYLR is at this point in time :) if they are losing a lot of money to build it, then why honor the price in the first place and keep the order still active, only to see if getting pushed out every month? I can’t believe these stories from multiple Advisors/SAs saying that I put a hold till 9/2 (original OD was in May) which is causing this much delay. I live close to the Fremont factory as well, wasn’t prioritized for March EOQ push.

I am infact going to the extent of keeping my existing order and starting a parallel order for a MYP in my spouse’s name (since I can’t even upgrade my current one because of my original OD) to see if I can luck out and get a car in the next 2-2.5 months..Just when I thought I got a great deal: it’s capitalism- 1, Me- 0

is it possible that our orders are just not that profitable for tesla right now compared to new orders that they put orders in queue indefinitely until the customer decides to back out?

Reactions: SeanB-Model3
My order date was 9/27/21 MYLR. My Estimated Delivery just changed to: April 17 - May 01. It was previously April 26-May 24. I think this is finally getting real now! I am going on vacation (Tunisia) April 21 for 3 weeks, but previously called Tesla and they stated they can do a home delivery and park it in my driveway if I bring them a cashiers check before I leave. I forgot to ask about insurance, but since I am not driving it seems like that can wait till I get back?

Reactions: DrGriz
is it possible that our orders are just not that profitable for tesla right now compared to new orders that they put orders in queue indefinitely until the customer decides to back out?
Just when I was thinking this, I had an EDD change (changed to a two week window today). I don’t know if this means anything and not keeping too much hope, but I think it’s the system that starts automatically updating the profiles, in case they plan to start on production on MYLRs in the coming days.

No. Not possible. You and Tesla have a contract that shows up in the liability column for all the bean-counters. That liability doesn't go off the books until it is fulfilled or canceled.

Is everyone waking up to new EDD windows or are you getting updates through out the day?

Mainly asking because I have my Tesla page auto updating every 30 sec and I'm wondering if that is too big of a window and should shrink it down to 10 sec intervals.

You know just in case.
I wrote a Python script that reloads the page every five seconds and records any changes in a database. It also alerts me via email, text, and flashing the lights through SmartThings. It pairs up with another script that parses the Teslike order tracker and analyses changes in realtime based on geography, configuration, and creativity of username and spits out a handful of graphs on a web dashboard for me. My next step is to build it all into an app for my phone and to notify me of changes through a pattern of haptic feedback loops on my smartwatch.

I might go back to just checking the EDD once every couple days to see if it changed, but what else am I going to do with all the time I get back??