Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol yes no VIN.

Also, I just got off the phone with Tesla and they said they are doing an update. Something about moving stuff over to the app. 🙄

She said my account always said prepare for delivery. I am pretty sure it has never said that but whatever.

I will wait and see.
Yes update!

However, I just read an interesting Comment on another Forum ( forgot which one and now i cant track it back). One guy who is form boston, his SA told him no Delivery to East cost in Apri but expect shipment to east cost in May.

Yes update!

However, I just read an interesting Comment on another Forum ( forgot which one and now i cant track it back). One guy who is form boston, his SA told him no Delivery to East cost in Apri but expect shipment to east cost in May.
That was me :p. You don't need believe everything that a SA says. But I do agree with his comment because if you are expecting a delivery in April on east coast, you need have a VIN atleast 2 weeks before delivery, and its already mid-April now so if you don't have a VIN this week you won't have a car in April but sometime mid-May to June time frame

Same thing happened and I got the update as well “prepare for delivery” with EDD of 4/15 to 4/29. Also, there used to be “add full self driving before delivery” option at the bottom of my account. That has disappeared now, meaning I can’t make any configuration changes to my order.

Every time I don’t want to raise my expectations/hopes, Tesla does something like this :)

Looks like they just updated the account page, not much more to it probably. The title "Prepare for delivery" could just be generic text that everyone sees. (Edit: Nevermind, some people are seeing "Next steps" as title) Only real change I noticed is that I now see the "Edit Design" button again, that wasn't available before (on the website, not the app).

Last edited:
Reactions: Deliboy
Latest Updates: VIN issued this morning

OD: 9/18
Hold: 10/30-2/1
2/2 EDD assigned: 2/17-3/17
2/18 EDD changed to: 4/14-5/12
2/22 changed to: 3/17-31
3/4 changed to: 3/6-16
3/7 changed to: 3/11-31
3/12 changed to: 3/17-31
3/18 changed to: 5/3-6/7
3/19 changed to: 3/21-3/31
3/22 changed to: 5/11-6/15
3/28 changed to: 4/13-5/11
4/9 changed to: 4/11-20
4/12 changed to: 4/14-25
4/13 changed to: 4/13-17 and VIN issued on 4/13
Being this close to the mothership, things can happen fast once a VIN is assigned. We scheduled pickup at our very local Rocklin Delivery/Service center for tomorrow.

Confirmed AMD Ryzen and 12V lithium auxiliary battery.

Guys I know I say this alot but the app is running slow again and I feel some stuff happening in the next couple days.

And yes I know they had an update earlier today. It is not that kind of slow. It is EDD shift slow. 😬

Let's hope it is VIN related.
Last time you mentioned this, MY EDD pushed out but got 2 week window. so hoping for VIN this time around! Good Luck!