Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering that there is no indication that Giga Texas is making LRs not sure why we are expecting a Austin VIN.

Billion dollar plus investment to build big factory that Tesla has said will build model Y 1st. Texas factory situated to lower logistics cost for central and eastern USA. 1 year backlog on MYLR and MYP. SR not offered and has zero orders. Factory is starting ramp and can only build so many SR for employees to test cell pack and front/rr castings. will need to build 100k of something in the next 12 months.

I don't know, just taking a wild guess that they just may?

I just called Tesla and they weren't able to tell me anything about my TBD. They just said that is what they see on their side and that TBD means that my account is recalculating. Maybe I should just add FSD and help with the recalculation. I have a feeling they are kicking me down the queue because of my lower price.
I added FSD and got pushed to July! Lol dont add it just to get sooner it does not work

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
I do have to say that on my account the language is different. It reads now "Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned"

Before it never mentioned anything about a VIN. It used to say we will notify you when it is time to take delivery.

I do have to say that on my account the language is different. It reads now "Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned"

Before it never mentioned anything about a VIN. It used to say we will notify you when it is time to take delivery.
You are cracking the code! I am looking forward to the earnings call today, maybe Elon can shed some light on what's going on. I would almost rather be in June Jail vs TBD. I feel like I am on the TBD island all by myself haha.

Reactions: Jdizzl11

Mine has said that exact same thing for weeks, maybe months.

Well mine says it now that I am in June jail.
Does anyone's not say that now? I ask because it came to mine around the weird product/code update when our EDDs were taken away. That said I was on EDD #4 at that point and a week out from entering my EDD window before it shifted further out to May-June. Mine continues to say the same language. (Full transparency I'm not a September order date, just curious).