Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello.

Have a few questions wanting to see if someone can help me with.

I placed my model y in September 2021 and have a 7 seater config. (White exterior , black interior, long range)

My SA insist that if I remove the 7 seater option and it would affect the pricing , it will be new pricing which is even higher than 5 seater. Is this true ?

My edd is june 1 - june 29 currently. Will Changing this make this available sooner ?

Lastly i have a trade in set for my wife’s bmw 3 series. It expired around june and I entered new odometer. I read from somewhere that I risk getting passed if it expires again. Is it true ?

I am located in New York and will be pickup in smithtown location. I am quite sure ny state is suppose to take off portion of tax based on trade in price but looking at the current invoice, it didn’t seem like it. Is this just waiting to be finalized ?

Thanks!
I will pick up in Smithtown next week. Trading in wife's car and the new Tesla will be under my name. From what I can see now, yes, trade in will save tax.

Hello.

I placed my model y in September 2021 and have a 7 seater config. (White exterior , black interior, long range)

My SA insist that if I remove the 7 seater option and it would affect the pricing , it will be new pricing which is even higher than 5 seater. Is this true ?

My edd is june 1 - june 29 currently. Will Changing this make this available sooner ?

Lastly i have a trade in set for my wife’s bmw 3 series. It expired around june and I entered new odometer. I read from somewhere that I risk getting passed if it expires again. Is it true ?

I am located in New York and will be pickup in smithtown location. I am quite sure ny state is suppose to take off portion of tax based on trade in price but looking at the current invoice, it didn’t seem like it. Is this just waiting to be finalized ?

Thanks!
I don't think your SA is right. Pricing will be exactly what it was when you ordered so removing 7 seater will be 3k less the total price. As far as making changes to get a car sooner, it's highly unpredictable. I wouldn't change/not change anything just to make sure i get the car sooner. Since you ordered in September, you should get a VIN soon. I actually upgraded to a 7 seater in march knowing it may delay my VIN and it didn't, i got a VIN last week.

Trade in - just remove it and if they reach out and ask if you have a trade in, so no. You can add it once you get a VIN to see their offer but in the mean time, get offers from Carmax, vroom and so on. Most of the time the offer from the third party buyers is a few grand more than Tesla's which outweighs the tax benefit. FYI, i too have a BMW i was planning to trade in and CarMax's offer is at least 3K more than Tesla's.

Almost - I do as far as I can tell (I do not wear that badge with pride lol)
You guys are a few weeks older than me (9/20) for the same msm configuration. I'm in eastern Mass and have no vin just yet.

I submitted my 2017 Golf Sportwagen to Carvana, Vroom, and a couple others. Vroom was by the best offer but will it seem as good when the time comes to pull the trigger and sell for real. I'm ready now

Reactions: MYBrokenArrow
Wait times even after getting the VIN is still too long. Got VINed 4/25 and still no delivery. (No idea when it will be either)
Me either 😔

Called again today and she said it was showing the 12th and that I should be getting the text to pick my day within the next few days 🙄

What is the point of even getting a VIN if you can't get your car 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thank you for bringing me back to reality 😁
Yeah... it's getting pricey... I ordered after the 8k price increase in October... yet no one checked in on me causing me to complete the profile late which translate into delay delivery... expected before or by summer... now I lost the summer (intangible costs) then comes with rising rates with delayed EDD costing me more time & money.... (another costs)... I want a Tesla.... but SERIOUSLY... THE COMMUNICATION & WAITING COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jdizzl11
What's good, Tesla folks? Just got a text from SA postponing delivery four days, from 5/8 to 5/12 (next Thursday). Wife will be happy - they saved Mother's Day. 😂😂😂

Text confirmed that the car hasn't arrived at the DC yet. It's all good; my main concern is parts hold.

Reactions: Jdizzl11
Hello.

Thanks!
See this thread Edit Design without affecting price now?

Also you can follow these instructions to get to the edit design section while logged in to the Tesla dashboard if the edit design link isn’t available .
Enter this into your browser. It works even if your profile is complete.

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
(Switch out your RN number with the ##)

There’s an old thread with this information:

See this thread Edit Design without affecting price now?

Also you can follow these instructions to get to the edit design section while logged in to the Tesla dashboard if the edit design link isn’t available .
Just to add on to this @Takw , no the pricing will stay the same as when you ordered. You’ll be able to see the pricing before you make the change.

Also, some people weren’t able to get the edit link to work. If you can’t get it to work, contact your SA or even Tesla chat and ask them to open up the payment method for you. That will allow you to make design changes, and then you can set it back to your payment method once you’re done.

I would also remove the trade in for now and re-do it once you get a VIN. When it expires, it may bump you back until you update the mileage. You’ll have a couple of weeks after getting a VIN to get everything situated since you’re in NY.

Just to add on to this @Takw , no the pricing will stay the same as when you ordered. You’ll be able to see the pricing before you make the change.

Also, some people weren’t able to get the edit link to work. If you can’t get it to work, contact your SA or even Tesla chat and ask them to open up the payment method for you. That will allow you to make design changes, and then you can set it back to your payment method once you’re done.

I would also remove the trade in for now and re-do it once you get a VIN. When it expires, it may bump you back until you update the mileage. You’ll have a couple of weeks after getting a VIN to get everything situated since you’re in NY.
The only caveat is this only works for orders placed August 1st 2021 and forward. Which are most orders and I believe @Takw ’s order falls after this date.

Reactions: RocY
I would agree except you two have vins assigned. so i guess I should reword with oldest order not Vin’ed. but looks to be someone beating me still
I felt good when @Farslasher mentioned he was the oldest and I was only 20 days after him so I thought I "Hmm can't be long till I'm next on the list.

Then I keep scrolling and come to find out there are a bunch of MSM older than me still waiting.

I don't know what is more unsettling thinking I was one of the oldest MSM without a VIN or finding out I'm not?

Reactions: Farslasher
I would agree except you two have vins assigned. so i guess I should reword with oldest order not Vin’ed. but looks to be someone beating me still
I have a vin and a car that is sitting at the service center waiting on a part that they have no idea when it’s coming. I was told 2 hours before delivery that I couldn’t pick it up at 1pm. Haven’t gotten another call since.

I have a vin and a car that is sitting at the service center waiting on a part that they have no idea when it’s coming. I was told 2 hours before delivery that I couldn’t pick it up at 1pm. Haven’t gotten another call since.
Dang I am suppose to get mine on Monday and I keep asking them if there is a part issue and they said my delivery date would change if there was. But sounds like it can change on the actual delivery day. Trying to get them to confirm it has all of the parts once it gets to the delivery center.