Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9B054249-751E-462B-94C5-3D3D8E2DB186.jpeg
2E41B400-30D6-4124-8DB7-788C9C3E39EF.jpeg
BF6893C2-E8D3-4731-A266-D5BC33501FD6.jpeg
DD296CCD-EF0F-425F-B025-AFA40D1407F1.jpeg
B335C5F3-BF79-475F-9DBB-4843F1E8B24C.jpeg
65EEA42E-97C5-4637-B703-0364F141BA5C.jpeg
Aahhhh!!! The tension!!!
Today, my SA over at the DC said they "expect" my car to arrive TODAY. And "if" all checks out with inspection and parts, they'll let me have it TOMORROW. Am I happy? Oh yeah. But anyone that's been around here as long as we all have knows that's still way too much "IF" to rest on. Still have my scheduled delivery on Thursday, but even that is enshrouded in "IF". I think Tesla has done a number on my head. 😂 I can say, though, that I'm more patient than I ever gave myself credit for.

OH! And wouldn't ya know - Saturday night, my trade-in odometer reading expired and I had to update it again. Mind you, I am sitting on a cashier's check and a loan approval that are very specific. So, they went ahead and gave me an extra $100 on my trade. 😄😄😄

@Bookman - what does your sitch look like today?
FINALLY!!!! 222 days from OD to DD. Car was immaculate. One small smudge on driver’s door. Guy said they arrive with a protective plastic film they remove and it sometimes leaves a little adhesive residue. He removed it with a spray bottle of some kind of solution . Didn’t ask what it was. Used Tesla Bros checklist and they gave me plenty of time to inspect it before accepting my check. Guy explained as far as scratches, paint chips, dings, rips and stains I had to have them make note of it before leaving with the car. Everything else covered under warranty. Car had 88% SOC and the guy had me drive it behind the DC where they had a Supercharger to show me the procedure. Took 8-10 min or so to charge it to 90%. Paperwork went smoothly and I was out in 45 min including time I took to inspect the car.

Here are photos. Got Rimetrix Laminar wheel covers to protect against curb rash and Autailor floor mats.

In retrospect on OD my initial EDD was April (no specific date). I got it May 9 so it was only 9 days late. Personally I think it would have been better (and certainly less stressful) if Tesla hadn’t updated ANY EDD’s and just notified me when to schedule my delivery.

Moving over to Driving Dynamics and User Interface forums. Hope everyone gets their cars soon, especially those who ordered before I did. Hang in there, it IS worth the
DD296CCD-EF0F-425F-B025-AFA40D1407F1.jpeg
BF6893C2-E8D3-4731-A266-D5BC33501FD6.jpeg

FINALLY!!!! 222 days from OD to DD. Car was immaculate. One small smudge on driver’s door. Guy said they arrive with a protective plastic film they remove and it sometimes leaves a little adhesive residue. He removed it with a spray bottle of some kind of solution . Didn’t ask what it was. Used Tesla Bros checklist and they gave me plenty of time to inspect it before accepting my check. Guy explained as far as scratches, paint chips, dings, rips and stains I had to have them make note of it before leaving with the car. Everything else covered under warranty. Car had 88% SOC and the guy had me drive it behind the DC where they had a Supercharger to show me the procedure. Took 8-10 min or so to charge it to 90%. Paperwork went smoothly and I was out in 45 min including time I took to inspect the car.

Here are photos. Got Rimetrix Laminar wheel covers to protect against curb rash and Autailor floor mats.

In retrospect on OD my initial EDD was April (no specific date). I got it May 9 so it was only 9 days late. Personally I think it would have been better (and certainly less stressful) if Tesla hadn’t updated ANY EDD’s and just notified me when to schedule my delivery.

Moving over to Driving Dynamics and User Interface forums. Hope everyone gets their cars soon, especially those who ordered before I did. Hang in there, it IS worth the View attachment 802379View attachment 802378
CONGRATULATIONS! It is a beauty! I have those Autailors mats on my list, too! So happy to hear your delivery situation was a good one!

Reactions: Jdizzl11
Got nowhere with Support today so went to the lot where they house a lot of Teslas before delivery to look for my vehicle/VIN. Two employees were there and said I couldn't be on the lot LOL. At the least, I got to ask about the part shortage/issue and he said it was all COVID related (naturally). Explained I'm waiting on a vehicle a few weeks after VIN and he mentioned they had 20 of the ECU charge ports delivered and that's what he was installing. Here's to hoping mine was in that batch and for a delivery date soon.
LOL i laughed so hard reading this because it also crossed my mind to just walk in there and look for my car but couldn't get past laughing at my own thought.

Man, who would have thought in 2022 we'd resort to stalking Tesla DC lots to physically locate our cars because after months of waiting and erratic EDDs, there's literally zero trust left between Tesla and it's customers. 😂

Picked up my ride from the DC today. The car was waiting for me under a tent. I brought a friend who is a car enthusiast and he checked the exterior for fit and finish issues. We notated a few issues:
1. One of the headlights was not flush with the hood like the other
2. One of the doors needs adjustment as it doesn’t open as smoothly as the others. The tech said the striker needs to be adjusted,
3. Lastly this is the one I was most afraid about and it was the seat belt grease stain on the white third row seats. They said they cannot get the stain out and the seat would need to be replaced.

Will be scheduling a service appointment to get those addressed.

Now that this is out of the way. I love love the car. It drives so much smoother than the old 2013 CRV it is replacing. I love the white interior and have committed to wiping them down regularly. I didn’t get a chance to try out FSD or Autopilot because it was calibrating. Mobile connector included!

The car is currently with my PPF installer getting PPF, Rimsavers, Mudflaps and tint.
may I ask where is their DC in Austin?