Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September/October waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will be curious to know when they switch to the 2024 MY in the VIN. Last year it was ~ 3rd week of October. My car was built Oct 14, 2022 and was still a 2022 MY. When I picked my car up Oct 28th there was a mix of 2022 and 2023's ready for delivery.
The 10th digit in the VIN would be a "Q" for 2024. Currently a "P" for 2023.

Will be curious to know when they switch to the 2024 MY in the VIN. Last year it was ~ 3rd week of October. My car was built Oct 14, 2022 and was still a 2022 MY. When I picked my car up Oct 28th there was a mix of 2022 and 2023's ready for delivery.
Mine was built 4 days after it was a 2023.

Mine was built 4 days after it was a 2023.
I'm curious what day yours was built? Mine was built Oct 14th and was 2022. On Oct 28th there was a mix of 22 and 23 on the lot for deliveries. I almost rejected to get a 2023 but I wanted to keep the USS so I knew if I rejected the sensors would be gone by then. You got yours at the perfect time....2023 and USS (I assume). I missed out by a week probably.

I have the same question. However, I think the 10th position in the VIN for 2024 will be an "R", skipping the "Q", just as "I" was skipped.

Vistan

I'm curious what day yours was built? Mine was built Oct 14th and was 2022. On Oct 28th there was a mix of 22 and 23 on the lot for deliveries. I almost rejected to get a 2023 but I wanted to keep the USS so I knew if I rejected the sensors would be gone by then. You got yours at the perfect time....2023 and USS (I assume). I missed out by a week probably.
according to my SA the 18th of Oct. missed the rear cargo cover by a couple of days. i've got one of the unique 2023 with USS and comfort suspension.
Too bad i've had issues with my car and Tesla is buying my car back lol. gonna lose USS, but at least i'm getting my money back from the height lol.

Reactions: heymull
according to my SA the 18th of Oct. missed the rear cargo cover by a couple of days. i've got one of the unique 2023 with USS and comfort suspension.
Too bad i've had issues with my car and Tesla is buying my car back lol. gonna lose USS, but at least i'm getting my money back from the height lol.
Thanks....guess I missed out on the unicorn by 4 days or less. Sorry to hear about your issues with the car but at least you are getting a replacement.
I was still happy to get the comfort suspension and USS sensors but would have been even better to not have the tail end of the 2022 cars which could affect my resale compared to someone like you just a few days later.

Thanks....guess I missed out on the unicorn by 4 days or less. Sorry to hear about your issues with the car but at least you are getting a replacement.
I was still happy to get the comfort suspension and USS sensors but would have been even better to not have the tail end of the 2022 cars which could affect my resale compared to someone like you just a few days later.
All good. TBH, feels like a windfall. Now that S prices have dropped. Plaid potentially within reach lol.