Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service appointment - Paramus NJ - self check in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a SA very early tomorrow, and I'm a little worried. I've only had one prior SA last year, but apparently now things have changed quite a bit, and there's a self check-in??

Their latest (and apparently final) message on the Tesla app instructed me to follow the arrows for dropoff tomorrow and send them a message in the app once I've arrived. It also says there will be NO attendants or service advisors there...??? I received that message late late night, and they haven't responded to my subsequent inquiries (since they're closed), so I was hoping to get some clarification here!

I'm already annoyed and anxious about just straight up leaving my car there with the key card inside...I highly doubt this is what I have to do, but it explicitly says there will be no one there to help me when I check in. I'm thinking there has to be a key card dropbox or something, but there was no mention of that in the message. Of course that wouldn't work if there are multiple people dropping off their car since the keys for the 3's all look the same lol

Has anyone had an appointment there recently?

TYIA!

So I have a SA very early tomorrow, and I'm a little worried. I've only had one prior SA last year, but apparently now things have changed quite a bit, and there's a self check-in??

Their latest (and apparently final) message on the Tesla app instructed me to follow the arrows for dropoff tomorrow and send them a message in the app once I've arrived. It also says there will be NO attendants or service advisors there...??? I received that message late late night, and they haven't responded to my subsequent inquiries (since they're closed), so I was hoping to get some clarification here!

I'm already annoyed and anxious about just straight up leaving my car there with the key card inside...I highly doubt this is what I have to do, but it explicitly says there will be no one there to help me when I check in. I'm thinking there has to be a key card dropbox or something, but there was no mention of that in the message. Of course that wouldn't work if there are multiple people dropping off their car since the keys for the 3's all look the same lol

TYIA!

Hi, I’m in Virginia but just had a self checkin appointment in Sterling, VA. Easy and smooth. I parked where there was signage for appointments (actually close to it due to the designated spots being temporarily full) and let them know via the app I was there. Service communicated back and also via the app sent an uber link. All went smooth & easy.

TYIA!
Yes, I’ve done it at Paramus several times. It’s no issue at all. There is a Dropbox and there WILL be service staff there to help you. Have no worries!

You really could just drop it off tonight and lock the keycard inside, that’s no issue. But if you want a more “traditional” experience, have no worries at all! Park the car and you can bring your keycard to the service counter.

Note that service just moved the counter - it’s now on the right side of the building, “behind” the showroom. Much better - gives them more room to work.

You’ll be fine. It’s one of the best service centers in the entire network and very responsive (when open, anyway!)

Here’s a satellite view (thanks Google Maps) of the Paramus center. I drew a yellow arrow to where the service counter is now located. It really only moved about a week ago so anyone who’s been there before can be confused (I was!)

573429C6-F752-483E-8E90-14AC15AF1728.jpeg

So it went pretty smoothly, thanks! 👍🏻 There indeed were several attendants walking around outside near the service entrance, so I was able to hand one of them my key card. They gave me a call shortly after explaining the workflow in detail, and an ETR.

I got talked into an alignment - they said it needed the "minor" $110 alignment vs the more severe $350 one - I figured might as well get it done since I might be needing new tires soon. Looking at the pre vs post alignment printout showed that it was a VERY, very minor adjustment though, but oh well. And $50 for a tire rotation....meh. 😐

Overall everyone was very nice and courteous, and they finished FIVE hours before the original quoted ETR... crazy. I just hope I don't have to go back anytime soon because I'm an hour away and it's a PITA drive round trip to fix a stupid squeak in the suspension...

• Helpful
Reactions: dmurphy
So it went pretty smoothly, thanks! 👍🏻 There indeed were several attendants walking around outside near the service entrance, so I was able to hand one of them my key card. They gave me a call shortly after explaining the workflow in detail, and an ETR.

I got talked into an alignment - they said it needed the "minor" $110 alignment vs the more severe $350 one - I figured might as well get it done since I might be needing new tires soon. Looking at the pre vs post alignment printout showed that it was a VERY, very minor adjustment though, but oh well. And $50 for a tire rotation....meh. 😐

Overall everyone was very nice and courteous, and they finished FIVE hours before the original quoted ETR... crazy. I just hope I don't have to go back anytime soon because I'm an hour away and it's a PITA drive round trip to fix a stupid squeak in the suspension...

Awesome! Glad it was a smooth experience. The Paramus crew really are good folk. They actually care and follow through and are easy to talk with. I've said - repeatedly - that the rest of Tesla's service centers could take a lesson from them. Especially given how difficult the physical location is to work with - they've FAR outgrown the building, the parking lot and the Supercharger onsite - they really do yeoman's work.

As for the alignment - I guess it's good to have it done, and to be frank, $50 for a tire rotation isn't terribly out of whack. It's not the deal of the century but it's not off the charts either.

Glad it was overall a good experience. I'd always rather have someone overestimate an ETR than undershoot it!

This is why Paramus is my #1 goto... Springfield NJ a very close #2. Both have been nothing but good to me. Glad they were good to you too.

• Love
Reactions: Siciliano