Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1D55F3B8-2D7E-432A-B49E-57C3399D5148.jpeg
1D55F3B8-2D7E-432A-B49E-57C3399D5148.jpeg
So it’s about 2 weeks since I received my model 3 and since Day 1 I’ve been hearing the noise from the driver’s door window whenever the car drives over the small potholes. I was assuming it’s due to poorly installed rubber on the edges of the door.

I made a service appointment to get this checked and got a response back from Kitsilano store that this is not covered under the service warranty and they cancelled my appointment..

Have you guys had any similar issues? Not sure whether I’m making a big deal over the rubber. I’m posting a picture to see whether anyone’s M3 is installed with the rubber like mine.

Attachments

• 39DD9833-920C-4A70-BCD3-3F2F7CCC077B.jpeg
    39DD9833-920C-4A70-BCD3-3F2F7CCC077B.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 47
I had the same issue with the rubber seal on my rear doors. I took it to the service center for repair and they managed to 'straighten' it out (though not fully). They also mentioned to me that this happens during installation and that over time it should correct itself. This is covered under warranty and I did not have to pay anything out of pocket to get it repaired.

View attachment 427513 View attachment 427513 So it’s about 2 weeks since I received my model 3 and since Day 1 I’ve been hearing the noise from the driver’s door window whenever the car drives over the small potholes. I was assuming it’s due to poorly installed rubber on the edges of the door.

I made a service appointment to get this checked and got a response back from Kitsilano store that this is not covered under the service warranty and they cancelled my appointment..

Have you guys had any similar issues? Not sure whether I’m making a big deal over the rubber. I’m posting a picture to see whether anyone’s M3 is installed with the rubber like mine.
You should try again with Tesla. This should be covered under Warranty as it is a fit/finish issue. I had similar issues that were covered under warranty.

View attachment 427513 View attachment 427513 So it’s about 2 weeks since I received my model 3 and since Day 1 I’ve been hearing the noise from the driver’s door window whenever the car drives over the small potholes. I was assuming it’s due to poorly installed rubber on the edges of the door.

I had that same problem on delivery and mentioned it to the agent and mobile service came a week later to fix it.

This might sound janky, but make an appointment to take it in and mention you noticed water seeping in after a car wash near the seal. Might be a shady way to get them to look at it but tbh when I got my car they were covering this as part of post delivery issues. Seems ridiculous they are pushing back now.