Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Call - RGM (Revenue Grade Meter) Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11.9kW system
3.8 and 7.6 Tesla Inverters
Installed Spring/Summer 2021

Got an unsolicited call from Tesla service today. They had me scheduled (unknown to me) for a service visit next month. Wanted to see if they could do it, tomorrow. Person on the phone said it is to install a revenue grade meter on the output of the inverters.

Living in PA, we have SREC's. I was required to sign them over to Tesla. It was non-negotiable (tried several times to get the contract adjusted before signing).

I thought I have read a few times on here that Tesla's inverters are not revenue grade. Looks like their solution is to install a new meter, so that they can start collecting the SREC's (currently at $40). My install is very clean, and there isn't much room between the various pieces of equipment. Here's to hoping they dont make a mess of it. Was told power to the house would be off about 30 minutes.

Wil update with pictures/etc., tomorrow.

RC

Maybe? I already have a Neurio from original installation. It's installed upstream of my generators ATS.

My system is solar only, no PW's.

My current flow. Utility Meter - Neurio - Solar - Generator ATS - Main Panel

Last edited: