Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Mode "GTW Locked" ???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to the Service Mode today and I see this there:

"GTW Locked-Speed limited"

What does "GTW" stand for?

It also says something about coolant low.

I assumed it meant the battery coolant, but it says something about the A/C.

So what is the fix? Something I can do myself or not?

GTWLocked.JPG
coolantLow.JPG

-Don- Reno, NV

GTW = Gateway. This message is normal.

It appears that your coolant level is low, as indicated by the fault. This is the fluid that cools the battery, powertrain and FSD computer. I'd schedule a service appointment and ask them to check the coolant level. I wouldn't discuss the information that's in Service Mode. Just let them know the coolant is low and let them do their thing.

It appears that your coolant level is low, as indicated by the fault. This is the fluid that cools the battery, powertrain and FSD computer. I'd schedule a service appointment and ask them to check the coolant level. I wouldn't discuss the information that's in Service Mode. Just let them know the coolant is low and let them do their thing.
Seems strange to me that this is only in the Service Mode (where I assume we are not even supposed to know about). What happens if I just ignore it? IOW, it seems Tesla doesn't even want to let me know that the coolant lever is low. And what is that about "speed limited" ?

And since it's a closed system, what happened to the coolant?

-Don- Reno, NV

Seems strange to me that this is only in the Service Mode (where I assume we are not even supposed to know about). What happens if I just ignore it? IOW, it seems Tesla doesn't even want to let me know that the coolant lever is low. And what is that about "speed limited" ?

And since it's a closed system, what happened to the coolant?

-Don- Reno, NV
There is a speed limiter that's applied by default in Service Mode. You can disable it if you need to test the vehicle at road speed.

As for the coolant level, you can do a visual inspection of the coolant reservoir and determine whether or not it is actually low.

If you intend to explore Service Mode and gain an understanding of how your car works, I recommend checking out the service manual, available for free at Model 3 Service Manual | Tesla

There is a speed limiter that's applied by default in Service Mode. You can disable it if you need to test the vehicle at road speed.

As for the coolant level, you can do a visual inspection of the coolant reservoir and determine whether or not it is actually low.

If you intend to explore Service Mode and gain an understanding of how your car works, I recommend checking out the service manual, available for free at Model 3 Service Manual | Tesla
Oh, so that speed limiter only means while I am in the Service Mode. I was thinking it was related to my error. I doubt if I will ever be driving it while it is in that mode--at least not unless I know what I am doing.

Thanks, I didn't know about the online service manual. I now have it bookmarked.

What goes gateway locked and unlocked mean?

I will have to look at the manual and see if I can find the reservoir for the battery coolant. Shouldn't I be able to add the coolant myself?

-Don- Reno, NV

Doesn’t the low coolant fault light auto pop up. I mean the only way we saw that message was after a service call and the secret service page.