Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Mode Not loading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I have a 2018 model 3 long range RWD. I’m trying to access the service mode to see which parking sensor is affected. I was able to get into it before but now the menu keeps spinning. What do I do? I tried hard resetting the car too

IMG_8926.jpeg

I just disconnected the main power from the car (behind passenger seat)
Took off the negative terminal of the 12v, then the positive.
Waited 10 minutes.
Connected positive terminal, then negative.
Plugged back in main power disconnect.
Rebooted MCU (brake + scroll wheel)

and i still cant get in to service mode... with this update. It keeps spinning.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
I just disconnected the main power from the car (behind passenger seat)
Took off the negative terminal of the 12v, then the positive.
Waited 10 minutes.
Connected positive terminal, then negative.
Plugged back in main power disconnect.
Rebooted MCU (brake + scroll wheel)

and i still cant get in to service mode... with this update. It keeps spinning.

Hmmmm.... I got nothing.

Looks like a mobile service call.

Update: I dont know why but service mode appeared after I replaced my parking sensor. I knew my parking sensor was damaged and that it needed to be replaced. I took off the bumper, put a new sensor on, rebooted the car. And I put the car in service mode and the menus began to pop up.

I am assuming this is some sort of bug. Car knew the sensor was wack and somehow service mode didnt load because of it? Idk.

But the service mode menus pop up now.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Update: I dont know why but service mode appeared after I replaced my parking sensor. I knew my parking sensor was damaged and that it needed to be replaced. I took off the bumper, put a new sensor on, rebooted the car. And I put the car in service mode and the menus began to pop up.

I am assuming this is some sort of bug. Car knew the sensor was wack and somehow service mode didnt load because of it? Idk.

But the service mode menus pop up now.

I'm glad you got it working.

Your problem happened to me before and I forgot why it happened until your post.

Service mode wouldn't open and they I replaced my passengers side repeater camera. The problem was that there were soooo many errors coming in from the camera that service mode could not keep up. It just kept trying to load with more errors coming in than it could report/handle.

Reactions: Mohain