Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service paperwork?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the paperwork. When my car was ready for pick-up after the HW3 upgrade, I got an electronic invoice (hosted on echosign.com) in my email that I was asked to sign electronically. And when I arrived I was given a paper copy.

I got an email with the paperwork the next day. It was a PDF that can be signed electronically.

retrofit.png

My car was an early non-performance release.

M3,HW3 RETROFIT,SPLICED WIRES(1565697-00-A)
TLA,CAR.COMP,NA,HW3.0,M3 -PROV Retrofit(1462554-R0-J)

My upgrade was performed via mobile service. The day before the appointment I received an email from Tesla "Acceptance requested on Tesla Service Estimate" which required an electronic signature. That's the only 'proof' I have that the work was done, besides the fact that I'm now getting all of the visualizations called out with FSD. No paper receipt from the tech who did the work, neither was there any "road test" (which truthfully, was not called out on the estimate) except when I took it out later that day. My estimate included a tire pressure check (mandated by CA) and replacement of the charge port insulator pins outlined by a TSB. I haven't yet reviewed my security camera recordings to verify that either of those things were actually done.

HW3_estimate.jpg

Same issue here. I reached out to customer support who told me they have nothing to do with service, not a great answer. But they did give me the email address for the service location I had been at. I tried texting service as well to request it, and then followed up again by email after they texted back to say they sent it (but I still hadn't received). Finally got it.

Every time I've been in to the service center (Santa Clara, CA) I've received at least one document explaining what was to be done or what was done. This includes parts sales (keyfob, quarter windows) and both paid and warranty/goodwil services. I believe a couple of the early ones were paper but all of the rest have been electronic copies.