Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service plan - Feeling meh.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when I bought my car I took the 8 year service plan. Service are "supposed to be done" at 20000km or 1 year whatever come first.

I did my first service at 1 year and 35000km. They said nothing.
Did my 2nd service at 2 year at 55000km. They said nothing.
So this week I call for my 3rd service, year 3, i will be almost 80000km and I was told that I should do the 80000km service because it's more complete and i'm almost at 80000km. Ok but what happen to my 60000km service? "You will loose it"

Wait what?

I wasn't planning to do that much driving when I bought the car, well, got a Tesla and now i'm driving a lot more.

Am actually thinking about asking for a refund on my service plan and just pay cash for the 80000km service and stop doing service with tesla after that.

Am I crazy to think it's kind of unfair to loose a service?

I think Tesla is being fair here. You purchased prepaid service at set intervals based upon time or mileage, whichever is sooner.

You chose not to follow the service schedule you prepaid for.

I'm understanding of your plight; and I encourage you to talk to Tesla about this, but, I think they're correct.

Reactions: Ande
I think Tesla is being fair here. You purchased prepaid service at set intervals based upon time or mileage, whichever is sooner.

You chose not to follow the service schedule you prepaid for.

I'm understanding of your plight; and I encourage you to talk to Tesla about this, but, I think they're correct.
I also understand.

I would understand more if when I went the first time they would have told me that I cannot do he first service since I was almost at 40000km.

Then the 2nd year that I was almost at 60000km so I should do the 2nd.

I THINK the policy changed here somewhat recently. From the maintenance plan FAQ page:
https://www.tesla.com/support/maintenance-plans-ms-mx

If I drive 25,000 miles in a year, do I need 2 inspections?
The annual service inspection interval is prompted by either time or mileage, whichever comes first. For example, if you drive 25,000 miles in one year, you’ll want to have your vehicle inspected twice, once at 12,500 miles and the following at 25,000 miles. If you drive 6,250 miles in one year, you’ll want to have your vehicle inspected once a year.
Note: Tesla requires that annual service inspections be performed within 1,000 miles or 30 days (whichever comes first) of the specified annual service inspection intervals for the selected Maintenance Plan

I don't recall it saying that before, but I might be wrong.