Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been a long time since I have posted. Just a comment or two regarding service.
Phoning the service number there always seems to be an hour or longer wait just to get to someone.
Finally got an appointment for a problem that the screens would periodically go dark (off).
Service replaced a chip, but it was not for this problem at $600.00.
Loaner Tesla S had bald tires and was making a rather unpleasant electric motor noise.
One of the tires had a slow leak, each morning would wake up to tire pressure 25 lbs lower.
They said take it to a tire dealer and get it fixed. Tire dealer will not fix a bald tire. We have
a compressor and would just keep filling it until we returned it.
Display Problem is recurring. New appointment.

My bride and I have obviously been spoiled by the service departments at Lexus and Porsche.
Seems like our treatment and the service at Tesla is like stepping back in time to 1960 Chevrolet.
If Tesla is competing in the luxury car market, seems like the Service area needs a great deal of attention.
On the good side, we had a Ranger Service that was excellent.
Owned Tesla's now since January 2013.

Are we asking too much? Shouldn't we be able to phone service and get to speak with a person in less than 5 minutes?
Take a car in and get the problem fixed rather than getting something that didn't appear to need fixing replaced?

I suppose we are expecting too much...

Tesla is aware of the phone delays at service centers. After my last service, that was one of the things I commented about in the "survey" they give you. A few days later I get an email from someone saying they're assigned to look over all the survey reviews for people who complain about the hold time. He asked what ideas I had to make communication better.

Also, you can schedule service appointments online for many (all?) service centers. Through MyTesla.