Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just have to blow a little...
Service notice on the car, something to the effect pull and replace micro card, if this doesn't fix the issue schedule service. So I pull and replace and nothing changes, schedule service, weeks pass, and arrived this morning at the service center. Something so small and simple, they were going to pat me on the head and say there there old man let me show you how to restart a ... .As I said I arrived this morning, just over 100 mile drive, "do you have someone picking you up*?" So I had questions, "well it's maybe a two hour fix and two-hour diagnostics." "we won't have it done till tomorrow". It is still AM mind you. "So old boy, shall we reschedule?" You know what I was thinking? wtf couldn't there have been some notification in the computer driven memos in the service app chat about the approximate time to repair?
You know like in the tesla computer steering effort-- x,y or z? The service chairperson could press the (we are seriously under maned and overworked button) and the computer driven memo would state "expect your work order to take at least two days. Not the memo that insists you show up on time for a simple little fix.

The good news, and this was like pulling teeth, a loaner will be set aside for me, next trip down the mountain.

If I weren't a dottering old man I'd have blown a gasket, and been banned from setting foot in the place. There was a time I would have, anybody working would have.

* yes, I want one of my ice owning friends to tell me how rotten or far off tesla service is for the two-hour return trip. And then again the next day, when I pick the car up, another friend, same small talk.