Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any one know of any reliable service centres that are not ran by Tesla themselves? In the last 3 years I’ve found Tesla’s official service to be less than average in regards to its quality. Say you have an issue with a plastic trim on the door and they can’t provide you with a service date as they’re waiting for a new door for you. No investigation, no inspection…just flat out replacement for something that may take a minute to repair but now, because they’ve estimated a new door, means they’ve allocated a full day and your repair can be accommodated in the next month. The new door analogy is probably a bit extreme but I had an issue with my wipers. Tesla quoted £500 and a service centre visit in 3 weeks…..fixed it myself that very morning with a single 17mm spanner in ten minutes.

Any one know of any reliable service centres that are not ran by Tesla themselves? In the last 3 years I’ve found Tesla’s official service to be less than average in regards to its quality. Say you have an issue with a plastic trim on the door and they can’t provide you with a service date as they’re waiting for a new door for you. No investigation, no inspection…just flat out replacement for something that may take a minute to repair but now, because they’ve estimated a new door, means they’ve allocated a full day and your repair can be accommodated in the next month. The new door analogy is probably a bit extreme but I had an issue with my wipers. Tesla quoted £500 and a service centre visit in 3 weeks…..fixed it myself that very morning with a single 17mm spanner in ten minutes.

It's worth developing a relationship with your known, local independent garage. It helps in their transition to working on EVs if they have local customers who are prepared to work with them. In some cases you may find that they already deal with jobs on EVs. Most jobs are the same as on any other vehicle so they are well equipped to take it on even if initially they are wary of it.

Reactions: CDrury and Jason71
Upvote 0
It's worth developing a relationship with your known, local independent garage. It helps in their transition to working on EVs if they have local customers who are prepared to work with them. In some cases you may find that they already deal with jobs on EVs. Most jobs are the same as on any other vehicle so they are well equipped to take it on even if initially they are wary of it.
Agree.
There is nothing special about Tesla windscreen wipers, suspension, brakes, electric windows etc. No reason any garage could not work on those.
Someone was uming on here the other day over whether they should go to a Tesla service centre for new tyres. That would never even have crossed my mind!

Reactions: M1tch
Upvote 0