Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Set departure precondition does not work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in the app I set a time to start preconditioning the battery and climate. I have set this up dozens of times and it never turns the climate on. It’s also really finicky, it changes my times all the time and the car remains in the garage so it’s not like it’s changing location.

How do you get your car to schedule a departure time that will turn the climate on and condition the battery. ? No matter what I do it will not work. I set it up for 3pm, 3pm hits and nothing happens. I check the app and it still says 3:00 pm scheduled to start climate but nothing happens.

Any help ? Or is this just a bug that’s not working atm ?

It’s at the service centre 260km away. The service tech told me to use the schedule to do preconditioning due to the issue with heat pumps in external cold but I can’t get it to work. I can turn the climate on but I don’t know if that’s the same as scheduled precondition as that says it does battery as well.

It’s at the service centre 260km away. The service tech told me to use the schedule to do preconditioning due to the issue with heat pumps in external cold but I can’t get it to work. I can turn the climate on but I don’t know if that’s the same as scheduled precondition as that says it does battery as well.
Preconditioning, whether via Scheduled Departure - Preconditioning or manually via turning on the climate control using the Tesla app is the same. If it is cold enough the Tesla vehicle will warm the battery.