Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Severe problem with Auto Lane Changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received 2019.8.2 and have noticed a severe problem with Auto Lane Change, multiple times when I clicked my blinker to change lanes it went back and forth attempting to perform the lane change without any cars behind me. I used to see this in a previous release only once and a while and it would only go back and forth once, not multiple times. It also would not change lanes and eventually cancel the lane change when there was no other cars around me. Has anyone else noticed this?

On 2019.5.15 and my car was struggling the same way today. One hypothesis I had was a highly contrasting asphalt seam between the lanes might be throwing off lane detection. It seems (ha) the road you were driving had one as well.

Mine has been slowing down for no reason, but I don't have to disengage I just hit the accelerator.
Auto Lange change is strange though, sometimes it feels like it won't even try. I don't give it multiple attempts, I just take over right away.
Every day or so on the latest update 1/2 my stereo shuts off though, requiring a reboot while driving.
Sentry mode cameras record corrupted footage.
Dash cam says it is working, but does not leave footage on my drive.
This release is a mess, I was better off on the previous version.