Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[SF Bay Area] Who wants to drive a Roadster for free over the Christmas/NYE season?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course, there's a catch ;-)

The catch is that I'd like to swap my 2010 Roadster for a Model S, X or 3 over Christmas and/or New Year's Eve (dates flexible). My parents come to visit me in San Francisco over the two weeks of Christmas and New Year's Eve, and I want to move around and show them California – clearly the Roadster won't be able to accommodate 3 persons.

A picture of the Roadster is attached. Great condition, carefully maintained by the Tesla service shop in Palo Alto, Ca; just got a refurbished battery a couple of months ago, giving it a maximum range of about 240 miles. And a ton of fun to drive. :)

I understand that there are a couple of insurance-related implications to a driver swap, that we'd need to figure out. But I wanted to test the water and see if there are NorCal-based Tesla owners who would be game for a swap.

If someone is interested, please let me know!
PF
Roadster 2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Of course, there's a catch ;-)

The catch is that I'd like to swap my 2010 Roadster for a Model S, X or 3 over Christmas and/or New Year's Eve (dates flexible). My parents come to visit me in San Francisco over the two weeks of Christmas and New Year's Eve, and I want to move around and show them California – clearly the Roadster won't be able to accommodate 3 persons.

A picture of the Roadster is attached. Great condition, carefully maintained by the Tesla service shop in Palo Alto, Ca; just got a refurbished battery a couple of months ago, giving it a maximum range of about 240 miles. And a ton of fun to drive. :)

I understand that there are a couple of insurance-related implications to a driver swap, that we'd need to figure out. But I wanted to test the water and see if there are NorCal-based Tesla owners who would be game for a swap.

If someone is interested, please let me know!
PFView attachment 352395

PM sent

Sure thing – looks like most insurance company have a certain (or undefined, if reasonable) number of days of "permissive use", i.e. usage of the car by a friend without further paperwork and with the full extent of the normal insurance coverage. In my case (StateFarm), I said I'd lend my car to a friend for 2 weeks while I'm out of the country and they agreed without any issue. And Geico has up to 30 days of permissive use per year.

• Informative
Reactions: arcus
Sure thing – looks like most insurance company have a certain (or undefined, if reasonable) number of days of "permissive use", i.e. usage of the car by a friend without further paperwork and with the full extent of the normal insurance coverage. In my case (StateFarm), I said I'd lend my car to a friend for 2 weeks while I'm out of the country and they agreed without any issue. And Geico has up to 30 days of permissive use per year.
that's good to know. i've always wondered about that.