Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SGIP Rebate Extension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone! You all just saved me a bunch of time and headache trying to get a rebate that won't happen.

BTW, my roof tear off started last Monday. Dry in is complete, most of the metal work is done, as are a good number of the shingles/tiles. The Power wall installation starts in the morning. Everything should be done by middle of this week.....then it is just the wait for inspections and PTO.

We only qualify for the base SGIP rebate, but Tesla is telling me they are too busy to fill out the paperwork, so we can't get the rebate. Does anyone know if (or how) to self apply? Tesla claims the contractor (Tesla in my case) has to complete the paperwork and they don't have time (despite the fact I waited 1.5 years for my Tesla solar roof plus power wall).
I went down this road, and successfully got two SGIP rebates on two projects as an individual developer that Tesla installed. As others state on his forum, the process is extremely time consuming, complicated, and completely unpredictable.

On a third project, I found out the IOUs completely changed course and basically shut down the ability for individuals to submit as their own developers - they changed the handbook to basically give them the ability to do so. If your order from Tesla, and Tesla won't sign on as developer (they won't), you don't stand any chance getting an SGIP rebate at this point in time.

We stopped working with Tesla after having so many issues with them - we are 3+ years in, and still haven't completed the second project.

We are looking at different battery manufacturers who have replaceable batteries so we can swap out units in 10 years when they age out.