Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shadow on windshield activities sometimes wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, auto is trash. Service will remind you that its a beta feature. So it lets them off the hook. The lame part was mentioned, that autopilot / FSD requires them to be on Auto. Well, if the wipers are beta, and you are still working on them, why REQUIRE that they are set for an unreliable setting?

Reactions: KevinT3141
Upvote 0
I find that auto wipers work pretty well when it's cloudy and sometimes raining at various intensity. However, when it is sunny without a cloud in sight wipers sometimes activate for no reason even when windshield is spotless. Most times you just look stupid but it can be a safety hazard if you have collected some bug guts in the last few miles. Visibility can be seriously impaired without waning at the most inconvenient time. I leave them off when there is no chance they are needed. Unfortunately, that means also avoiding using AP since that locks the wipers back on auto. If I want AP, I will first wash the windshield while driving in a safe area and get the bug guts out of the way now. Learned the hard way after soiling myself a little on a hairy interchange and being suddenly blinded.

Reactions: KevinT3141
Upvote 0
Driving home the other night on the highway, mine were on for most of my trip home. Annoying as heck! But I guess it was happening while I was in autodrive/cruise. I have noticed it does happen on occation while I'm just driving around town...... I will add that my car does need a wash, so it could be the sensors are too dirty........... Time for a cash wash.

Upvote 0