Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shareholder vote

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to find out if my vote as a shareholder about whether to restore Musk’s pay agreement means anything at all or does the ruling by the Delaware judge take precedence? if the vote does have force can another judge void the will of the shareholders just easily? Any lawyers out there care to speculate?

Last edited:
I am trying to find out if my vote as a shareholder about whether to restore Musk’s pay agreement means anything at all or does the ruling by the Delaware judge take precedence? if the vote does have force can another judge void the will of the shareholders just easily? Any lawyers out there care to speculate?
Not knowledgeable in laws but by common sense:

Tesla is under Delaware so it must win an appeal over there to continue the 2018 compensation package.

When voters move the court to Texas, any new challenges will be in Texas and no longer in Delaware.

Tesla can obey old Delaware ruling and keep it in the past.

With the new Texas vote, it's a new compensation package and not the old Delaware case.

So yes, your votes do count and that's why Tesla is making sure you will vote with its recommendation.

Here's a professional piece:

Explainer-Legal Hurdles Loom Over Tesla's Bid to Revive Musk's Record Pay

Delaware judge is reassured that Tesla "will not litigate any dispute over the shareholder vote outside Delaware."

I interpret that if the Texas meeting votes to turn down what Tesla wants, it won't go to court to turn those no votes into yes votes. If Texas votes are "yes" for Texas reincorporation and pay package, it won't go to court to overturn those yes votes.

I interpret that Tesla won't use those yes votes to appeal to Delaware to overturn the Delaware judge's rulings. It will comply with the Delaware court to nullify the Delaware 2018 compensation package, and it will honor the new 2024 yes package in Texas.