Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sharing nav with car, V9, multiple cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new feature that allows you to share a destination to your car in V9 is really handy.

If you are fortunate enough to own multiple Teslas, be aware that it shares to whichever car you last viewed/selected from the Tesla app.

This may be obvious to everyone else, but it took me a while to figure it out...

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I'm not understanding the utility of this feature. Do you first go into Google Maps or Waze and create a route for a destination and then share that route with the car? What's the point of that? If that is how this feature works is that a tacit admission by Tesla that third-party nav apps are better than the in-board system. I'm probably missing something here.

Reactions: DrTaras
Im not sure it sends a route - I think it sends the destination. Sometimes while sitting in my office I use google to find a location - at that point I can just send to car rather than find it when i get in my car. Not that big of a deal just a small convenience.
Yep, this is exactly it. There have been times when someone shared an address with me via email or text, and this lets me send it to my car.