Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

She said Turquoise SUV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My GF said that she wanted a turquoise SUV. So, I decided that since that wasn't possible to order directly, I would sort of make one. I got a MYLR and had it wrapped in Inozetek Super Gloss Turquoise Dream. I didn't want the factory chrome Tesla logos sticking up from the vinyl, so we recreated those in black vinyl for a shaved look. Calipers are a custom yellow paint with a tiny bit of turquoise in yellow so the yellow and turquoise tones match. Removed the aero covers, painted the factory wheels black and custom painted the center caps with the yellow Tesla logos. After doing this it looked a bit too tall, so we wrapped the "roof rails" in black vinyl to bring down the perceived height of the Y. Added a black spoiler and tinted all the lenses except the headlights. Looking at it I decided I didn't like the front lip in turquoise and it needed a more natural break to black, so we changed that area to black vinyl. Fair waring, this isn't for everyone, but I promise you some people really love it.

Ferox Photography - No Watermark 2021 - DSC_8727_-Screen: No Mark-2.JPG
Ferox Photography - No Watermark 2021 - DSC_8729_-Screen: No Mark-2.JPG
Ferox Photography - No Watermark 2021 - DSC_8747_-Screen: No Mark-2.JPG

Thanks. She absolutely loves it. I have a M3LR so I don't have to "deal" with driving it too much. Everywhere the Turquoise MY goes people point, wave, honk, take pics/videos of it. If we take our dog to the dog park invariably the car ends up in random people's TicToks and IG Reels. One lady even got out of the line at the bank on a Friday afternoon to take a selfie in front of it.

To be fair, people who hate the color are not shy about saying something. We've had some strong negative commentary along the way - even so far as being told the car isn't welcome "in this area". I have had at least one Tesla in the driveway since 2014 and haven't experienced the anti-Tesla anger experience in a long time until I wrapped the MY.

Thanks. She absolutely loves it. I have a M3LR so I don't have to "deal" with driving it too much. Everywhere the Turquoise MY goes people point, wave, honk, take pics/videos of it. If we take our dog to the dog park invariably the car ends up in random people's TicToks and IG Reels. One lady even got out of the line at the bank on a Friday afternoon to take a selfie in front of it.

To be fair, people who hate the color are not shy about saying something. We've had some strong negative commentary along the way - even so far as being told the car isn't welcome "in this area". I have had at least one Tesla in the driveway since 2014 and haven't experienced the anti-Tesla anger experience in a long time until I wrapped the MY.
’isn’t welcome???!!!’ It’s a color! Lighten up!

Now, if I were to drive around Green Bay with a Minnesota Viking themed car there might be some issues!

I really like it, and I think the front lip area and roof rails being black was a good choice. I wish you had taken pics of the "intermediate" stages before you got it right for comparison. Do you have a picture from the back? Looking at the side the area around the rear window may look better blacked out, but I was not sure if the rear view makes the turquoise around the rear window make sense.

Keith