Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

She's all Done

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess i don’t understand the reason for xpel and ceramic coating? Aren’t these both similar?

Xpel is paint protection from rock chips. Clear plastic film with "self healing" characteristics. Ceramic coating is an applied multi-layer finish more durable than wax that sheds water and keeps the paint looking new. Seems like the most recommended combination is Xpel on the front (bumper, fenders and hood) and all over ceramic.

Very easy to install. use isopropyl alcohol instead of baby shampoo it sets faster.
just watched the video. definitely a DIY.

one question, did you do PPF on the car? And if so, did you install the smoke Xpel over the clear Xpel? And if you coated the car did you coat over the XPEL smoke?

Reason I ask is because my car is getting XPEL ultimate as we speak, and he is going to wrap the headlights. I like the smoke look so I'm wondering if I could just go over his PPF with the RPM smoke at the headlights. And then I'm getting it ceramic coated, which includes the headlights. Wonder if having 2 layers of XPEL and coating underneath will affect anything

just watched the video. definitely a DIY.

one question, did you do PPF on the car? And if so, did you install the smoke Xpel over the clear Xpel? And if you coated the car did you coat over the XPEL smoke?

Reason I ask is because my car is getting XPEL ultimate as we speak, and he is going to wrap the headlights. I like the smoke look so I'm wondering if I could just go over his PPF with the RPM smoke at the headlights. And then I'm getting it ceramic coated, which includes the headlights. Wonder if having 2 layers of XPEL and coating underneath will affect anything
2 layers is perfectly fine. Just coat the top layer or adhesive won't stick to coating