Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shock Horror: Disfunctional visit to Service Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I had a fairly routine visit to Heathrow Service Centre. Complete farce, wrong parts, wrong details provided to me. Another customer had similar experience. He was given Uber credits and left SC only to return to be told the Alloy wheel ordered was the wrong one! I was told they planned to inspect a paint defect. When I arrived I was advised the appointment would need to be longer than the 1 hour I was told 2 weeks earlier. I also arrived earlier to take advantage of the free supercharging only to be told because I was not staying there I would not be "booked in" and would have to pay. I had undertaken over a 2 hour trip. This has to stop now! I was told a senior area? manager was in a back office visiting. I asked to speak to them only to be told "Oh! They're not customer facing".

There was a lady in the service centre with me who seemed really agitated. When she saw that the 'other' customers supported her claims of incompetency she was absolutely overjoyed. She was not a forum user and genuinly believed she was on her own. I recomended the forums to her. She was nearly in tears with joy.

Doesn't seem ok to me ... however, fortunately this hasn't been my experience. I can't say I've read any posts on this forum from people who think the experience you describe is ok.

Apologies I was talking about several of my friends who have said I just need to suck it up. All owners of Tesla’s.

Judging by the other post it looks like Tesla have been quite clever in protecting themselves from anyone being able to complain to a point where they change their practice.

I don't believe that anyone would accept that level of bad customer service from any company.
The Tesla Fanboys are in the minority now.
Just because I drive a Tesla, and like it and am happy with Tesla so far, does not make me a Fanboy.
The idea of sucking it up is wrong and I don't believe the majority of us would.
Your bad experience is just that. Don't accept it but don't believe it is the norm either..

Reactions: Cnixon