Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short squeeze: Willful and malicious?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A wilful short squeeze could be challenged by the SEC even if it is legal.
http://short-selling-stocks.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/naked-short-sellers-seek-protection.html

government agency's bureaucrats around the world the world love to pursue polarizing, high profile entrepreneurs, for example Andrew Forrest of FMG, who made a fortune for his shareholders (probably the best investment in Australia was in FMG) (approx 50x increase in share price and 200x increase in market cap over the past decade) but ... http://www.hcourt.gov.au/assets/publications/judgment-summaries/2012/hca39-2012-10-02.pdf that is 6 years of wilful and malicious attack by ASIC.

As long as Tesla executes according to their plan, the shorts will continue feel under attack. That is all that is needed. I don't think the shorts have an inkling of demand for Tesla in Europe and Japan, the USA accounts for less than half of Nissan LEAF sales...

Hi folks, don't hate me for saying this but I think we should keep a little perspective here: I don't think that any of this is a deliberate strategy to hurt the shorts.

What I really really liked about Tesla so far is, that it stayed clear of the typical political stereotypes. This is not a car for liberals, this is not a car for conservatives. This is a car for people who appreciate great technology and want performance while driving an efficient ride.

So if the stock moves, well, let it be moved. If there are people who win / lose with the stock - good / bad for them. But let's not talk these kinds of stock moves into a "talk radio" level of crazy with wild guesses and conspiracy theories. It is hard at times to refrain from speculation but I think we should not feed the crazy out there by producing wild theories. (This is a public forum after all and it happened before that people were quoted out of context)

Was the announcement of the hiring of the Aston Martin guy part of this plan? ;) If so then it worked! :p

More roar in the roll of Tesla thunder, as Erik might say. It's also interesting that SolarCity moved up its earnings announcement to next Monday rather than the anticipated four weeks later. Elon had said that the Supercharger announcement would come next week. Of course that could affect both firms. Pehaps these additional timings are further manifestations of the orchestrated cadence designed to force capitulation by the shorts. It's being beautifully done. I almost feel sorry for the shorts. Naw, they really should have known better. :rolleyes:

So, this coming week supercharger announcement, and the following week it sounds like a "SUPERSWAPPER" announcement. The superswapper should make CR give the Model S it's score of 110 and the playing of the shorts by Elon will be complete (for now)? Check and Mate.

Well, I'm not convinced yet that shareholders will think a superswapper is a good thing but maybe the "demonstration" will calm any fears people have for this big amount of CAPEX.

So, this coming week supercharger announcement, and the following week it sounds like a "SUPERSWAPPER" announcement. The superswapper should make CR give the Model S it's score of 110 and the playing of the shorts by Elon will be complete (for now)? Check and Mate.
I'd be willing to bet money that CR would not update the score (to 110 from 99) no matter what Tesla does.

In fact, I am betting. I'll buy a CR subscription if that comes to pass.

This is a bet I can't lose. :)

Well, I'm not convinced yet that shareholders will think a superswapper is a good thing but maybe the "demonstration" will calm any fears people have for this big amount of CAPEX.

Love the term "Superswapper" and I agree -- this could be it: #4 announcement Supercharger followed by #5 Superswapper... these two announcements will definitely put the shorts into Elon's vice grip even further.

+1 -- A simple "demo" of the swap is key to make sure the naysayers, shorts, and bears don't come on too heavy with perceived negative commentary afterwards. But, I guess that's unavoidable.