Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks indeed but I'm not surprised to see any red today.

Like I said earlier, what's it going to take for TSLA to turn around? NASDAQ is up today, volume does not support today's price drop, and too much potential good news for Tesla.

Tapped out of cash. I'm just thinking of what price is appropriate to go with margin. Decisions decisions... Elon has his time occupied today for sure. We'll have to see.

Tapped out of cash. I'm just thinking of what price is appropriate to go with margin. Decisions decisions... Elon has his time occupied today for sure. We'll have to see.

He sure does. T-minus just under 2 hours to launch for the Dragon resupply mission to the International Space Station. Webcast here, for anyone interested. I know at least one forum member is there to watch :).

Looks like Citizen-T is going to get his TSLA shopping spree after all.

Well my issue is that I should have liquidated over 240 but I wasn't around to do so. Now I'm on the verge of losing 100% of my gains since Q4. Decisions indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

US car sales up 3.1% in March and still red?

Exactly. And how many more new shorts can there be?

Well my issue is that I should have liquidated over 240 but I wasn't around to do so. Now I'm on the verge of losing 100% of my gains since Q4. Decisions indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. And how many more new shorts can there be?

This's looks like programmed trading by bots, designed to lower the price. They keep probing the price and trying to hit stop loss orders. This is most likely a coordinated attack from the short side. My advice is do not participate.

This's looks like programmed trading by bots, designed to lower the price. They keep probing the price and trying to hit stop loss orders. This is most likely a coordinated attack from the short side. My advice is do not participate.

Indeed, Mitch, that is what appears to be happening. Investors with stop limits get picked off and everyone suffers. That is why stops should be mental. If not, then the computers see them and take advantage.

Also it is the day before the tax deadline. Some people were in and out of TSLA last year and may have been back in this year. They have to pay taxes on realized profits. To do so, they may be liquidating some of their TSLA in time for the money to be in their bank accounts by April 15. That pressure should lift tomorrow. Also, Elon may be able to pay attention to Tesla after the SpaceX launch.

Indeed, Mitch, that is what appears to be happening. Investors with stop limits get picked off and everyone suffers. That is why stops should be mental. If not, then the computers see them and take advantage.

Also it is the day before the tax deadline. Some people were in and out of TSLA last year and may have been back in this year. They have to pay taxes on realized profits. To do so, they may be liquidating some of their TSLA in time for the money to be in their bank accounts by April 15. That pressure should lift tomorrow. Also, Elon may be able to pay attention to Tesla after the SpaceX launch.

Little surprised that everyone would wait to the last day to cash out for taxes, but I sure hope that is the reason for the sell off today.

Is it really plausible that shorts could coordinate attacks by using trading bots to probe stop loss orders to force people to sell their shares, thus decreasing the stock price? How would that even be allowed by SEC and not seen as illegal stock manipulation? By that same idea, you could say longs could coordinate attacks by using trading bots to probe buy stop orders to force people to buy shares, thus increase the stock price. :biggrin:

Well, that's $195. I won't add to my position at this point unless we go much lower, but hopefully we won't :) Best of luck to anyone who enters at this point.

My January 15 270 options are looking a bit worse for wear at the moment, obviously. I'm thinking options aren't something I should toy with :p

NobleNinja, all stocks are manipulated by programmed trading, TSLA is especially vulnerable to it.
There are certainly short attacks, you witnessing one right now.

There's certainly no bad news on tesla today, and no real reason for today's drop, other than heavy handed manipulation by trading bots and their masters.

Tax selling plus filled the gap from February 19th? General market was neutral to bearish today, aside from the opening. Notice how Apple didn't move at all, even after the sell off began? Apple tends to be a good barometer for the strength of any broad market rally.

Very light volume today overall, even in stocks that were up a lot at the opening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.