Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beijing auto show in 2 weeks, coinciding with Tesla deliveries, this will make for a nice presentation.
Chinese fireworks anyone?
Last quarter they chose to pre-annouce at the detroit auto show...All eyes will be on Musk and staff...hopefully markets will have stabilized by then.

I've been doing my best to attenuate my stock market emotional maturity. You can read that as my ability to discern catalysts and their affect upon stock prices.

Will China be a catalyst?

Will Tesla predict "reckless growth"?

Two considerations here, I am absolutely confident in the long-term prospects of Tesla in China, and I am absolutely uncertain of the Wall Street reaction.

But Tesla won't attend Beijing auto show. Not sure why? Maybe don't want to stir too much demand :)

Beijing auto show in 2 weeks, coinciding with Tesla deliveries, this will make for a nice presentation.
Chinese fireworks anyone?
Last quarter they chose to pre-annouce at the detroit auto show...All eyes will be on Musk and staff...hopefully markets will have stabilized by then.

Link: Financial Times | Error | Akamai Error

American subprime lending is back on the road

62c1cfa2-0950-11e1-8e86-00144feabdc0.img.gif
By Gillian Tett

Many new loans are going to consumers who previously had little chance of getting funding
f16b8d46-be71-43f5-a69d-d745fc1fdc75.img.jpg
©Bloomberg

Afew short years ago, “subprime” was almost an expletive. During the financial crisis, mortgages linked to subprime borrowers – or those with poor credit history – caused devastating losses; so much so that many asset managers declared they would never touch subprime again.

But the financial world has a short memory, particularly when easy money and innovation collide. In recent months subprime lending has quietly staged a surprisingly powerful return, not in relation to real estate, but another American passion – cars. Some wonder how long it will be before this new boom causes another wave of casualties, not just among naive consumers, but investors too.

--Read the rest at ft.com--

Sometimes I get the feeling that Elon withholds news to allow the shorts to build up and then releases a flurry of positive catalysts to squeeze all that profit right back to us lol

That is an interesting theory. I prefer to think that Elon occupies himself with more creative ventures and contemplations. Hurting the shorts is a side effect of these creative ventures. They will be hurt anyway, people can not be saved from themselves.:wink:

Last edited:
Elon Musk is already in China?

Tesla CEO Elon Musk is in China for talks with China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. (SNP_) to build charging facilities in their nationwide service-station network, according to a Chinese media report today, the Wall Street Journal reports.

Why Telsa (TSLA) Stock Is Higher This Morning

http://www.thestreet.com/story/1266...morning.html?puc=TSMKTWATCH&cm_ven=TSMKTWATCH

BTW, I don't trust thestreet.com, because they have written many factually incorrect articles in the past.

Elon Musk is already in China?

Tesla CEO Elon Musk is in China for talks with China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. (SNP_) to build charging facilities in their nationwide service-station network, according to a Chinese media report today, the Wall Street Journal reports.

Why Telsa (TSLA) Stock Is Higher This Morning

http://www.thestreet.com/story/1266...morning.html?puc=TSMKTWATCH&cm_ven=TSMKTWATCH

BTW, I don't trust thestreet.com, because they have written many factually incorrect articles in the past.

I would guess he's in Florida until at least 5pm today when Space X launches for the space station and the Falcon zero met does its first test of the re-entry by deploying the landing legs over an ocean splash down. Should be fun. The China thread has him in aching on the 19th, though he may go earlier to acclimate.

I would guess he's in Florida until at least 5pm today when Space X launches for the space station and the Falcon zero met does its first test of the re-entry by deploying the landing legs over an ocean splash down. Should be fun. The China thread has him in aching on the 19th, though he may go earlier to acclimate.

Elon normally supervises SpaceX launches from the mission control center at SpaceX HQ in Hawthorne. He traditionally sits in the front row, center console.

Status
Not open for further replies.