Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It all goes tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down.

Well, at least the sp500 is going straight down and tsla is bouncing up and down. I don't know exactly what that means, if anything, but I'd say a semi-recovery back to 206-207 levels today is probable.

Watch me eat my words now.

Huh?

Tesla approaches LG, Samsung for Model 3 batteries

Tesla Motors is approaching LG Chem, Samsung SDI and SK Innovation as part of its strategy to diversify its battery-sourcing channels beyond Japan's Panasonic.

For all we know, it's about Gigafactory #2 and #3 and/or for Tesla Energy. The official statement doesn't really say anything about Model 3, there's a lot of idle speculation wrapped up in that article. Very poor journalism, but that's about the norm these days.

Reactions: MikeC
Huh?

Tesla approaches LG, Samsung for Model 3 batteries

Tesla Motors is approaching LG Chem, Samsung SDI and SK Innovation as part of its strategy to diversify its battery-sourcing channels beyond Japan's Panasonic.

So that's an official statement? Maybe they approached Hankook Tires for Model 3 batteries as well.

how we are at this price level befuddles me.

Yea, right? Let's see....oil is back up to the high 40's, it appears that the X deliveries are (finally) ramping up with far fewer quality issues, demand for the S is still strong, Model 3 has been revealed and isn't a weirdmobile with a crazy amount of reservations, no real competition in sight, GF on schedule, TE ramping up, 3 production timeline moved up.

And.....the stock has done nothing. Tough crowd indeed.

Reactions: DrJohnM and tanner
Has anyone seen this article? Apparently Tesla is talking to Korean battery suppliers for Model 3 batteries. There goes the gigafactory moat and battery cost advantage. :( There were so many very long discussions on this right here. What is next?
Tesla In Talks With LG, Samsung, SK Innovation For Battery Cells For Model 3

That's nuts!

Clarification for tanner:
Boarder line insanity to jump to the conclusion that speculation in any way affects the GF cost advantage.

Beyond that given that both Elon and JB have stated on the last CC that they have enough cells for the M3 and TE it doesn't make any sense that Tesla would be looking to buy batteries from these companies.

Also GM is paying LG about $215 per kWh for packs and Tesla's costs will be under $125 per kWh, so how can they possibly make a mutually beneficial deal?

Tesla intends to use more Korean technology on its Model 3. It decided to use tires manufactured by Hankook Tire and LG Display will possibly be supplying its OLED panels for the automotive systems. Additionally, Tesla is testing the manufacturing capability and production of LG Chem, Samsung SDI and SK Innovation.”

OTOH screens and other electronics makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
Every day is a down day lately for tesla investors, index up or down.

I started to think it's probably very unfortunate I drunk Musk's kool-aid believing in that one day Tesla may be as big and profitable as Apple. As Tesla is an open-ended growth story, it's an open-ended question whether it can ever make money. The stock is way under performed than other hot growth names like FANG in last couple of years. Tesla may be worth 100B by 2020, but it could also be worth 0 if Model 3 has failed to fend off competitors and show a profit by then.

Very disappointed!

TSLA seems to trace negative overall market sentiments very closely. Hard to understand a company gets 500k pre orders for a car not even ready yet, and nary a wink to the equity. Hire a big name auto exec to take over M3 production, still nothing. This is not rocket science-- that is space x. This is earth science, where ICE disruption is coming, fast...

• Love
Reactions: MitchJi
The stock is way under performed than other hot growth names like FANG in last couple of years.

What a garbage post. I quoted just this one part which is clearly incorrect. I'm not sure what your definition of the "last couple of years" is but let's say the last 3? So exactly 3 years ago the closing price was $91.50. Today you're up more than 100% from that. Tell me which of the FANG stocks match that?

This is an investment section of a Tesla forum. One doesn't have to be always positive but it's not a place to spew gall and bitch about being an amateur buying in high and then caving under a bit of pressure and selling low.

If you go back 100 pages and read every single post in this thread maybe you would be more confident?

It's because Tesla's current stock price reflects Tesla's future outlook, not the way it is now. Having things rolling along smoothly won't do anything to increase the price because that much is already expected of Tesla and EM.

What will increase the price is relieving investor doubt over Tesla hitting their production goals.

Reactions: flankspeed8
What a garbage post. I quoted just this one part which is clearly incorrect. I'm not sure what your definition of the "last couple of years" is but let's say the last 3? So exactly 3 years ago the closing price was $91.50. Today you're up more than 100% from that. Tell me which of the FANG stocks match that?

This is an investment section of a Tesla forum. One doesn't have to be always positive but it's not a place to spew gall and bitch about being an amateur buying in high and then caving under a bit of pressure and selling low.

If you go back 100 pages and read every single post in this thread maybe you would be more confident?

I say what I like to say, especially when it's my true feeling. No offense to anyone though, and you don't need to get angry at me at all!

Check out this yourself, two years means two years.

upload_2016-5-17_15-5-44.png

I say what I like to say, especially when it's my true feeling. No offense to anyone though, and you don't need to get angry at me at all!

1. Get your facts straight.
2. This is not the place for you to vent your personal frustrations. Get a diary, you one of those with a padlock and a picture of cute cats on the cover, and write in that.
3. Re the graph you posted: which of these companies has the most potential to grow their market cap further in the coming 10 years?

Yea, right? Let's see....oil is back up to the high 40's, it appears that the X deliveries are (finally) ramping up with far fewer quality issues, demand for the S is still strong, Model 3 has been revealed and isn't a weirdmobile with a crazy amount of reservations, no real competition in sight, GF on schedule, TE ramping up, 3 production timeline moved up.

And.....the stock has done nothing. Tough crowd indeed.

Not to be another voice pounding the table, but I've been continually adding to my position with shares and leaps. This company is in a far better place (in regards to our knowledge) than it was when the share price was in the $260s. I'm not calling a bottom.. because who can? But in my humble opinion we are undervalued and theres a lot more upside than downside at this point.

Disclaimer: I seem to love watching my money fly around. I can't dodge bullets like Neo, so don't buy based on my opinions, or at least please don't hold me accountable for the short term.

Every day is a down day lately for tesla investors, index up or down.

I started to think it's probably very unfortunate I drunk Musk's kool-aid believing in that one day Tesla may be as big and profitable as Apple. As Tesla is an open-ended growth story, it's an open-ended question whether it can ever make money. The stock is way under performed than other hot growth names like FANG in last couple of years. Tesla may be worth 100B by 2020, but it could also be worth 0 if Model 3 has failed to fend off competitors and show a profit by then.

Very disappointed!

Apple has dropped $70B in a couple weeks. The market is volatile right now, if you were expecting Elon to come out and hand you a check.. I'm afraid you may not have the stomach to ride this ride.

1. Get your facts straight.
2. This is not the place for you to vent your personal frustrations. Get a diary, you one of those with a padlock and a picture of cute cats on the cover, and write in that.
3. Re the graph you posted: which of these companies has the most potential to grow their market cap further in the coming 10 years?
1. I said tsla underperformed fang in last two years, but you don't believe it.
2. None of your business.
3. This is what I mean quoting 'kool-aid'. FYI, people also talking about AMZN can go up 10 times bigger (quoting Bezos).

Reactions: mmd
Status
Not open for further replies.