Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way, screw that! Moderators please swoop in and extinguish this pillow fight for the biggest victim position. We're here to discuss Tesla and stock market not listen to this BS.

And Julian please read up on what "psychological projection" means, you're such a classic and publicly outspoken example it could be used in textbooks. I don't mean this in jest, this really could change some things for you.

Edit: if folks insist create another thread and continue abusing your pillows there.

I am with you. This thread has, unfortunately, become unreadable.

On similar note, we either assume anyone who reads this is in possession of critical judgement enough to make their own calls, or if not it's better to just trust Musk&Co's actions than some random dude posting on the forum. Musk's track record is very formidable and no matter how many notches on their headboards some of the participants here feel the need to claim they won't match his. Therefore, no need to read or post on the forum, just concentrate on making money and investing into more TSLA shares.

Reactions: Lessmog and Gerardf
Why the extreme unbalance against PerfectLogic?

Some of his posts have pissed me off, for sure, but in the dispute with Julian he has been not significantly more slanderous and bitchy than his adversary. They have treated each other in roughly the same way, but the bear gets beaten down and disliked into oblivion.

I don't know whether he is right in his suspicion that Julian has been dishonest about his calls. However, Julian's unwillingness to engage with this point and debunk the claim, which would be a simple matter of linking to a single post, does give some credence to PL's claim.

Julian, I invite you to post links to the calls in question and prove PerfectLogic wrong. You are an intelligent and respected member and it would be worthy of your stature in this forum to accept my invitation. To remind you, his accusation is that you made wrong calls on Feb 4th and Feb 6th.

Another highly respected member, DaveT, also levelled serious criticism against Julian's claim of a near-perfect track record of stock calls. This was a direct accusation of cherrypicking, a serious accusation, and yet received no dislikes (I mention this just as a curious point).

DaveT, I invite you to highlight some calls that Julian purposely omitted to make his calls on the stock look better than they were.

Let's have all cards on the table.

To everyone not involved in this cluster**** that's been going on here, I apologise for having added to the clutter. I really think we need to cut through the crap and rhetoric and sort out a simple fact or two. Then maybe this place will become bearable again.

Please everyone, really.

I've been reporting both of them, and others, whenever any personal nonsense pops up. Not that I've read much of it since all of it seems to have been worthless for the last week or two, and I'm glad I've been traveling instead of subjecting myself to this schoolhouse trash. With this level of immaturity I'm surprised nobody here is running for the republican presidential nomination.

Everyone grow the **** up. Profanity used intentionally so this post will get quarantined with all the other crap that has been plaguing this thread.

This is exhausting. Everyone's posts are judged on their merit as perceived by the reader. Some may view Julian as omniscient, some may view PerfectLogic as heroic. The VAST MAJORITY OF US have brains and realize that this is a forum on the internet and are doing are own due diligence, taking what other have said under consideration and forming our own hypotheses with all inputs, then kindly sharing our thoughts with each other.

1. This forum needs more moderation since Robert Boston left.
2. Keep it focused on the stock and let your analysis earn you respect. Stop asking for it or trying to tear down others. Facts and projections are all that is ever needed.

If this doesn't end, we will have all lost a fun and helpful resource.

This is exhausting. Everyone's posts are judged on their merit as perceived by the reader. Some may view Julian as omniscient, some may view PerfectLogic as heroic. The VAST MAJORITY OF US have brains and realize that this is a forum on the internet and are doing are own due diligence, taking what other have said under consideration and forming our own hypotheses with all inputs, then kindly sharing our thoughts with each other.

2. Keep it focused on the stock and let your analysis earn you respect. Stop asking for it or trying to tear down others. Facts and projections are all that is ever needed.

If this doesn't end, we will have all lost a fun and helpful resource.

Whole heartedly agree.

Reactions: Lessmog
Sorry, but what does it even mean when an agency raise or lowers the price? Is it the price they expect the SP to hit at the end of the year? At the end of 5 or 10 years? The peak or bottom for the remaining of the company's existence?

Why even name a price if they're just going to change it anyways when the company outlook looks better or worst?

It's usually assumed to be a 12-month price target, although occasionally an analyst will state that it's a 6-month or 18-month projection. Adjustments will be made as more becomes known. In this case it was a slight shaving of the significant price target increase made a few weeks earlier, apparently after review of the equity raise.

This is exhausting. If this doesn't end, we will have all lost a fun and helpful resource.

I have expressed similar frustration in the Site Feedback forum.

It is also astounding that trolls can make vulgar personal attacks (which reference mentally disabled people) here, apparently without any repercussions. Someone else already complained about this very issue several pages back.

Moderation is unfortunately a thankless task, as Bonnie and others have stated on several occasions. I fear this will only get worse in the next few years as the Model 3 launch gets underway. With much money at risk in both the long and short camps, bitter nastiness is perhaps inevitable.

I have expressed similar frustration in the Site Feedback forum.

It is also astounding that trolls can make vulgar personal attacks (which reference mentally disabled people) here, apparently without any repercussions. Someone else already complained about this very issue several pages back.

Moderation is unfortunately a thankless task, as Bonnie and others have stated on several occasions. I fear this will only get worse in the next few years as the Model 3 launch gets underway. With much money at risk in both the long and short camps, bitter nastiness is perhaps inevitable.

Suspect the simple fact is that someone with the authority to delete an offensive poster entirely is on vacation. The temp on duty says he's been inundated with complaints regards the troll and his tag-team buddy or sock puppet and can't act.

Kindly note that I / we are not a party to this. Requiring the deletion of false allegations and a cessation of directed attacks is not a dispute.

Sorry, but what does it even mean when an agency raise or lowers the price?

Over the past couple of years I have learned to take it to mean "the analyst has some hidden agenda that requires he/she attempt to immediately force the share price in a certain direction. Then they have room to move it back up at a later date to affect the share price in the opposite manner." Those close to the analyst can reliably make a bunch of money.

I suggest following the X and S deliveries. Curious if there is insight into factual delivery info, both ad hoc on the forums and the tracking sites. I've given up on the thread, but if anyone has an interest, seems like something that might drive Q2 revenue and margins. I assume TE sales are a mystery until earnings.

Reactions: Tenable
Kindly note that I / we are not a party to this. Requiring the deletion of false allegations and a cessation of directed attacks is not a dispute.
Kindly note that you are in fact 50% of this. Period. Right or wrong is literally irrelevant, your bickering about it is 50% of the problem.
You say he's a troll, what's the number one rule of trolls? Don't feed them. Everytime you or he responds to each other this useless crap continues. Drop it already for goodness sake. Pretending you aren't part of it is absurd. You know better.
I will be ignoring literally any comment you make in response to this because it is equally irrelevant to short term price movements, so please, don't waste the ones and zeros on a response.

Kindly note that you are in fact 50% of this. Period. Right or wrong is literally irrelevant, your bickering about it is 50% of the problem.
You say he's a troll, what's the number one rule of trolls? Don't feed them. Everytime you or he responds to each other this useless crap continues. Drop it already for goodness sake. Pretending you aren't part of it is absurd. You know better.
I will be ignoring literally any comment you make in response to this because it is equally irrelevant to short term price movements, so please, don't waste the ones and zeros on a response.

Absolute Nonsense. You also have a right under forum rules not to be attacked without becoming a party to the offence.

In the good old days of TMC, I used to be impatient with my 2-year-old son at bedtime, and try to sneak a peek at the TSLA Investor Discussions on my phone, and think about my next steps, in light of the great insights being discussed. Nowadays, I have more fun arguing with a 2-year-old about brushing his teeth than I do reading most posts here.

So, thank you to a few distinguished contributors, for allowing me to spend more mindful time with my son each evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.