Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it was sell the news today just as i suspected. Macro also played a part. $255 seems holding well at the moment, if that breaks tomorrow I'd be waiting to add at around $240

The Macros sometimes get in the way. With Tesla being down AH I wouldn't be surprise if we get a brief pullback similar to today. A few downgrade appeared right when TSLA showed some weakness, good timing for the shorts.

:( options bought last month hit their stop today. Why did people sell on the 325k news??
:) $200 worth paid for my 2 reservations!
#fanboi
Few things at play it seems (correct me if I'm wrong anyone):
1. Investors were predicting higher reservations based on initial surge
2. Macro was down ~1%
3. Questions of production and how Tesla will be able to deliver
4. Several smaller analysts have downgraded TSLA

The Macros sometimes get in the way. With Tesla being down AH I wouldn't be surprise if we get a brief pullback similar to today. A few downgrade appeared right when TSLA showed some weakness, good timing for the shorts.
Yep they always try to manipulate the stock, just like Citron who announced the short right when TSLA showed weakness against $200 resistance about a month ago. It dropped some $10 then bounced right through $200.

Reactions: hoang51
Today, someone said Fidelity had no TSLA shares available to short. I think we might want to check a few other brokerages and report back. If short shares are running short, such a situation could affect one's trading strategy.

Also, many of those 325,000 future Model 3 owners will be buying stock between now and delivery date. This development would of course affect SP. Let's try to figure out in the next few weeks how the trading behaviors we've come to expect with TSLA have been influenced by recent events.
Fidelity has 0 shares to short for the past 1.5 months.

Hmm! Let's see the reservation rates so far:
First 24 hours: 180,000 : 7500 per hour
Next 48 hours: 96,000 : 2000 per hour
Next 96 hours: 49,000 : 510 per hour

Nope, no one can notice any trend here :) It should keep increasing in a straight line.
Assume it drops to 100 per hour. That would still be >1M before the first one is produced.

Assume it drops to 100 per hour. That would still be >1M before the first one is produced.
We don't have that many points yet to be accurate, and we'll probably don't get many more in the future according to Elon. However, a typical log extrapolation of what we know would suggest that we may hit the 500k mark in roughly 10 weeks. Interestingly, you'd hit a similar date with the assumption of 100 res/hour.
Even more interestingly, that would mean that we could hit the 500k mark sometimw in the first half of June.
That would male for a nice tweet to add to the Q2 official delivery numbers.

="think with the Model 3 reservation response we can start to see a path to 1 million cars in 2020. Tesla needs to bring Model Y into production by late 2018 as Model 3 hits 100k. Then in 2019 Model Y hits as 100k as Model 3 reaches 300k. Finally in 2020 we have:

Model S/X 200k
Model 3 500k
Model Y 300k
Model ? 100k

Yes, I know that adds to more than 1 million, but we could be missing a few parts. So it's good to aim high.

From the perspective of reaching 1 million in 2020, we really do need to kick off plans this year for a second autofactory and second gigafactory. Existing plants only really take us to 2018. We'll need auto capacity for 550k autos in 2019. And 100 GWh battery capacity by 2020.

So I am quite eager for a capital raise. Let's do this.

I think there are going to be a lot of cancellations in 2019. As a european, I probably won't get my Model 3 untill early 2019. By the time I have to confirm, there will probably more info about the new roadster, which was rumoured for 2019. If that's the case, I 'll buy a maximum plaid roadster instead.

I'm somewhat hoping that the next gen roadster will replace the Mazda MX5 as the roadster for the masses instead of being an uber-expsensive car. I don't see why this wouldn't be possible, and it would fit with Tesla's mission to accellerate the adoption of sustainable transport.

If I don't cancel, I'll end up with an S, a 3 and a roadster in 2020/2021.

Just to be clear, I'm claiming that a lot of the cancellations will still result in an order for Tesla, but for a different car thant the Model 3.

Reactions: Robertj
We don't have that many points yet to be accurate, and we'll probably don't get many more in the future according to Elon. However, a typical log extrapolation of what we know would suggest that we may hit the 500k mark in roughly 10 weeks. Interestingly, you'd hit a similar date with the assumption of 100 res/hour.
Even more interestingly, that would mean that we could hit the 500k mark sometimw in the first half of June.
That would male for a nice tweet to add to the Q2 official delivery numbers.

The reservations can't be hidden, and Elon knows that. We're going to get an update at least once per quarter with the earnings release. 100/hour would result in $1B on the q1 2017 balance sheet, no way to hide that.

About that customer deposit number... I was expecting the Q1 ER for a while now as, with all the X sigs delivered, it would have given us a clear picture of Prod S/X backlog. However, as it is kind of uncertain how much of the M3 preorder can be accounted for Q1, the picture will still be a bit murky.

Is it? Sorry if it is, a little tired. Just went by how recent it was posted

No worries. I'm trying to point out that it was the same firm from the first downgrade link you posted but written differently. So what I'm trying to say is, there is not a distinct downgrade from different analysts, i.e., firm 1 and firm 2. It is firm 1 and again firm 1. Just more trash pumping to try and influence TSLA according to some twisted agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.