Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looking for 100 dislikes here...

20k vs 25k is the difference of 0.006% of GM's quarterly deliveries... I personally think 2025 is priced into this stock... and that the odds of the PPS staying the same or even declining are higher than most would think.

Yes, and 25k is over 100% growth from previous year...So you can go invest in GM or you can invest in future growth... Btw, if you are so eager to compare GM and Tesla, wait and see how the Model 3 numbers compare to the Bolt.

20k vs 25k is the difference of 0.006% of GM's quarterly deliveries... I personally think 2025 is priced into this stock... and that the odds of the PPS staying the same or even declining are higher than most would think.

What is your rationale for evaluating a high-risk, high-growth company to something like GM or Intel?

Tesla's future is not just automobiles. Stationary storage and solar are expected to be about 50% of Tesla's business in the next decade.

Does GM make about $20k per delivery in gross margin?

Taking the Apple analogy, it doesn't matter how many you ship if your gross margin is terrible. Apple can have a small marketshare and have a massive profit share.

The stock hasn't even priced in 2017, much less 2025. Because 2017 is about Tesla no longer being just an automaker.

It's clear that @myusername has no clue how to valuate growth companies. We should be above $300 somewhere in 2017 (just a hunch).

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I come up with some arguments that the shorts may use:
1. Tesla failed to meet the guidance for Q3 again: they expected to product 50,000 cars in H2, but Q3 they only made 24,500
2. Models demand is not increasing compared to Q4 2015 17,000 -- the demand was only 15,800 in Q3 2016, despite all the discounts and referral program
3. Model X is stealing the demand of Model S, and apparently Model 3 will steal both Model S and X demand.

How do we defend these craps?

Dude! Charts predict a major gap and go day tomorrow for TSLA just wait and see
Skeptics and naysayers like you are simply going to watch from sidelines as TSLA takes off to $300+

Reactions: sundaymorning
Hi Guys,
1. Tesla failed to meet the guidance for Q3 again: they expected to product 50,000 cars in H2, but Q3 they only made 24,500
2. Models demand is not increasing compared to Q4 2015 17,000 -- the demand was only 15,800 in Q3 2016, despite all the discounts and referral program

I don't even bother trying. Entities that are short selling are doing so based on uncertainty -- the belief that what Tesla is attempting is impossible. They can't be disproven until Tesla actually achieves its goals.

Reactions: neroden

I like your resolve. Hopefully you stick around a little, the shorts from 2013 just kind of disappeared from the forum, without bothering to come back and acknowledge how wrong they'd been.

Hi Guys,
3. Model X is stealing the demand of Model S, and apparently Model 3 will steal both Model S and X demand.

FUD is going to happen. The media, in general, likes to generate 'clicks' so we will see some negative 'headlines' for
Months to come.

I predicted 22k. 24.5 K is great.... yes, STEAK.

It will be interesting to see how this affects the SP over the days to come.

IMO, we will continue to have a rollercoster ride with TSLA for some time to come.

We are on the upside of the 'loop-d-loop' right now

Sorry, no dislike from me.

My only comment: I would rather be in TSLA between now and 2025 than GM.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Wow, that is some horrid logic and poorly thought out arguments. In other words, exactly like the shorts, well done.

1. They produced over 25k, over the estimates. Q4 is always higher than Q3. They already affirmed the guidance. They still produced more than they delivered, showing that Q4 could actually be huge if it follows past pattern of delivering more than production.
2. Deliveries and production are not the same as demand. Why look at one model when looking at demand? Overall tesla demand is way up and that's what matters. Also Q4 2015 was a clear outlier with pipeline emptying. Here we have another 5500 in transit.
3. Who cares? People have preferences. As long as they buy a tesla I don't see the concern. Also, X is more expensive and will be comparable in margin.

Honestly, no real way to spin this for shorts. Even bull analysts like Kallo and Chowdry were calling for 22k. This ones headed north.

Wait, GM sells 333 million cars a year?

5,000 / 0.00006 * 4 = 333,333,333 :)

Here you got mine. I normally don't click that button. I really meant to say "Disagree".
You still think Tesla is just a car company and you value it by comparing the delivery numbers between Tesla and GM?

Good stat: So 3 years ago Tesla was .1% of GM sales, now they are on track for 1% of GM sales (with a much higher priced and more profitable car) and by 2020 they are on track for 10% of GM sales by cars and higher by revenue. Would be nice if GM had another business that would grow faster than cars to match up with Tesla Energy, which could get Tesla well past 10% of GM revenues in 2020.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.