Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question I hope one of the analysis will ask. If It's mentioned in the filing, and you spot it, please point it out to me.

Does this mean Tesla expects to deliver far more than 50,000 vehicles in the second half?

Are the vehicles in transit at the end of the quarter (that were not included in this quarter) and inventory/CPO vehicles delivered in the second half included in this figure?

I think the "new" part just makes it clear that CPO cars are not included in that count.

They expect to deliver just over 25,000 "new" vehicles in Q4, and they have already delivered 24,821 in Q3. So they have to deliver at least 25,179 in Q4 to meet the prediction.

just now: interview with Ben Kallo (Baird) and James Albertine (Stifel) ended. Very bullish.

Albertine: (paraphrasing) this "is a beat on so many levels we can no longer stay bearish" on this company, they "proved all of the arguments wrong". This wasn't a trick, "not just FCF beat due to pulling back capex", but solid automotive revenue growth coupled with minimal SGA growth. They have solid demand.

EDIT: this was CNBC just now, live.

just now: interview with Ben Kallo and James Albertine (Stifel) ended. Very bullish.

Albertine: (paraphrasing) this is a beat on so many levels we can no longer stay bearish on this company, they proved all of the arguments wrong. This wasn't a trick, not just FCF beat due to pulling back capex, but solid automotive revenue growth coupled with minimal SGA growth.
Wherer?

just now: interview with Ben Kallo (Baird) and James Albertine (Stifel) ended. Very bullish.

Albertine: (paraphrasing) this "is a beat on so many levels we can no longer stay bearish" on this company, they "proved all of the arguments wrong". This wasn't a trick, "not just FCF beat due to pulling back capex", but solid automotive revenue growth coupled with minimal SGA growth. They have solid demand.

Do you have a link to that?

nm: found it on cnbc.

So now the question is, how long is TSLA holding onto the gains. SCTY will release earnings tomorrow. SCTY is up 5% after hours today.

I doubt that there really is a SCTY ER tomorrow, there are a number of sites that predict varying dates, but SCTY hasn't announced an earnings date yet and there are guesses they'll just ifle 10Q after the November 1st financials presentation by Elon.

Question I hope one of the analysis will ask. If It's mentioned in the filing, and you spot it, please point it out to me.

Does this mean Tesla expects to deliver far more than 50,000 vehicles in the second half?

Are the vehicles in transit at the end of the quarter (that were not included in this quarter) and inventory/CPO vehicles delivered in the second half included in this figure?

Well maybe that's just the size of the pipeline now, and a similar qty will be in the pipeline at the end of Q4.

I think the "new" part just makes it clear that CPO cars are not included in that count.

They expect to deliver just over 25,000 "new" vehicles in Q4, and they have already delivered 24,821 in Q3. So they have to deliver at least 25,179 in Q4 to meet the prediction.

The prediction in Q1 and Q2 was 80-90k.
They need more than 25,179 in Q4 to hit that.

Status
Not open for further replies.