Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TSLA just popped on high volume...

Indeed, an interesting share price jump accompanied by heavy trading volume amid no apparent positive news. Only mild negatives have been spread about a few charging adapters and a seemingly frivolous “shareholder” lawsuit. One possibility to consider is that Donald Trump might have accepted the recent New York Times recommendation that he meet with Elon Musk.

Indeed, an interesting share price jump accompanied by heavy trading volume amid no apparent positive news. Only mild negatives have been spread about a few charging adapters and a seemingly frivolous “shareholder” lawsuit. One possibility to consider is that Donald Trump might have accepted the recent New York Times recommendation that he meet with Elon Musk.

How knows what this robots are thinking ;)

Here is one hypothesis, complements of Seeking Alpha:

Tesla Motors battles shareholder in Delaware court

Dec. 7, 2016 10:44 AM • SA Editor Clark Schultz

• A shareholder lawsuit against Tesla Motors (TSLA+0.6%) in Delaware is moving into the arguments phase.
  • The judge in the case is expected to rule on a request from the plaintiff for internal Tesla records on customer demand and production issues.
  • Tesla'a attorneys maintain that the relevant documents have already been provided.
  • Though the case isn't considered a significant concern for Tesla by analysts, there is the chance that some internal sales projections and production information could be revealed as part of the discovery.
  • The case is Shahid Haque vs. Tesla Motors in Delaware Chancery Court (original complaint filing).
I'd be shocked if material, forward-looking, previously undisclosed data is produced and makes it into the official record. If I remember correctly, this is the BS lawsuit claiming Tesla lied about past production/sales projections. At best, I think we'd see evidence supporting why Tesla made the projections they made in the past and perhaps why they didn't materialize, which wouldn't be of much use now. e.g., "the reason we projected production of 2k/week is because we reconfigured the line to do X and our tests showed Y output. We missed projections because of a supplier/broken machinery/whatever."

If there even is a legal opinion on this eventually (very unlikely), the judge probably will likely not get into this nitty gritty detail in any event.

With the size of the volume, 45K in one minute and 47K in another minute I suspect this movement is news-related. Now, if we can just figure out what the news is.
Went to my news feed and all it had was this. I found it pretty funny.
TSLA_News.PNG

Here is one hypothesis, complements of Seeking Alpha:

Tesla Motors battles shareholder in Delaware court
  • Though the case isn't considered a significant concern for Tesla by analysts, there is the chance that some internal sales projections and production information could be revealed as part of the discovery.
  • The case is Shahid Haque vs. Tesla Motors in Delaware Chancery Court (original complaint filing).
Note: Paulo Santos is mentioned 2x and Seeking Alpha is also mentioned at least once, (which may or may not make them happy) http://hgtlaw.com/wp-content/upload...COURT-STAMPED-Books-and-Records-Complaint.pdf

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
Status
Not open for further replies.