Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I chrome delete my car?

Should I chrome delete?

• Yes

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I do know this is more of a personal decision, but I am starting to get used to the chrome that's on the Model 3.

But at the same time, I do quite like the chrome delete setups that many people have posted here, and I do want to do the same. What do all think?

I ran into one at a *$ a while back, and it *did* look sharp. It was black, with all sorts of carbon fiber trims (I know, I know), no chrome, & a few red accents. It wouldn't be for me, but it did have a style.

You have to have too much money though. All that stuff has about a 3% residual value.

I wish that the M3 had the plastic running boards and wheel arches along with the chrome delete of the MY. Hopefully In the near future.

I would recommend chrome delete on M3, esp with dark color but your call, esp given price.

My answer depends on the color of your car, wheels, etc.

Multi Coated red and the 18" Aero without the Aero wheel covers.

I wish that the M3 had the plastic running boards and wheel arches along with the chrome delete of the MY. Hopefully In the near future.

I would recommend chrome delete on M3, esp with dark color but your call, esp given price.

Yeah, I wish the Model 3 had the factory chrome delete like the Model Y also, then I wouldn't have to spend any money at all for this.

Cost won't be a problem, since I will be getting pre-cut cuts for it, just have to be very careful.

YES!!! I had mine done by a shop in Southgate last time I was in town... With Blue and red, IMO it looks best when the chrome delete is either satin or glossy; matte looks funny...
Here's mine:
Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW!

Multi Coated red and the 18" Aero without the Aero wheel covers.

Yeah, I wish the Model 3 had the factory chrome delete like the Model Y also, then I wouldn't have to spend any money at all for this.

Cost won't be a problem, since I will be getting pre-cut cuts for it, just have to be very careful.

I absolutely prefer the chrome delete look.
IMG_6554.jpg

Reactions: byeLT4
Agreed that chrome delete looks good with certain color combos (paint color, wheel color, badges, and even interior color). If your car is red and you're using aero wheels, then yes a chrome delete would look good.... as long as the windows are tinted, and your badges are black and your license plate frame is also black. Any accent chrome pieces still on the car will look out of place.

Satin black chrome delete is a good mix between flat black with no luster, and gloss black which could look too shiny especially with tinted windows.

IMO, window tint is subjective and doesn't have to be that dark to look good. In fact, too dark may look overkill. But if you have white seats and you chrome delete the car, then I would at least do 20% tint to help hide the white seats a bit more. With black seats, 50-35% is good, depending on what you want.

Less is more, and going overboard with something will not make the car looks as good in the end.