Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I expect Tesla to fix this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery on 2nd (12 days ago) and over time I’ve noticed a few of these paint dimples that I didn’t notice on delivery.

Should I expect Tesla to fix these no questions? Clearly I didn’t cause them but wondered how I should approach if they are Tesla responsibility?

DDA4C2AC-FAC8-4E69-8B5B-D01EFA3E702A.jpeg

If it were mine, I’d save Tesla (and myself) a bunch of time and let it be. Makes the car a bit unique :)
I disagree lol. Once you notice it. It’s hard to adore the cars paint and quality because you’ll see it again when the sun hits it just right.

However. OP, if the body shop needs to repaint the entire panel. I’d just live it. Once a panel is repainted. It’ll always stand out from the rest of the car. (Either from different shade or the orange peel is more aggressive in the repainted panel

That is pretty tiny. I'd be more concerned the new paint wouldn't match as well or it would have other issues. But you should be fine with a reputable body shop. If you are fixating on it definitely have it addressed.

Reactions: P85_DA
Is it recommended to install PPF right after delivery or should a person wait a period for imperfections to show before installing PPF?

I am no expert on this, but I would think that the imperfections "will show" if you take it to a bright area and go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Alternatively, if you take it to a reputable/very good detailer who does PPF they will probably be able to spot the imperfections pretty easily, and let you know which ones they can take out with paint correction vs. which ones would need actual repairs from Tesla. IMO you should not work with a detailer who doesn't do paint correction before installing PPF.