Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I switch from PG&E TOU-C to EV2-A rate if I have solar + pw?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a email from my installer prior to the final SGIP inspection that listed the change to EV2-A/B as a requirement to proceed, and instructions to get a number (process record of the transition) from PG&E. It was recommended to me that I call PG&E directly to ensure that I received the magic number when they switched the tariff.

Perhaps it is a SGIP requirement?

All the best,

BG
It does appear that a condition for SGIP was to be on EV2A, but I have never seen and doc with that statement.

holeydonut posted this link more than a year ago (thanks!). It tells us half the story--SGIP requires:
"Residential customers applying for battery storage incentives must transition to qualifying home charging rate schedules [EVA, EVB, EV2A or TOU-C (Only for Medical Baseline Customers)] in order to be eligible to receive any SGIP storage incentives."

ETA: not sure why SaveOurPlanet's post didn't appear for me until I posted a redundant reply.

Discover the Self-Generation Incentive Program for Residential Customers

Residential customers applying for battery storage incentives must transition to qualifying home charging rate schedules [EVA, EVB, EV2A or TOU-C (Only for Medical Baseline Customers)] in order to be eligible to receive any SGIP storage incentives.
We moved into our house in Q1 of 2019 (E1).
Installed PV in Q3 of 2019 (moved to TOU-B).
Installed ESS in Q4 of 2019 (rate schedule did not change) - we have 3 Powerwalls, are on NEM-MT and received SGIP large scale residential [took forever, the saga is documented in various threads here.]

I called PG&E in the past month to inquire about moving voluntarily to EV2A and was told that NEM-PS was required and NEM-MT was not eligible (without a valid EV VIN). I'm planning to add an EV in 2023 but if I change my mind would really like to move to an EV rate schedule to prepare for grid charging.

Reactions: cwerdna