Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should my steering wheel retract or seat move back when I park and open the door?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe this is a stupid question but I just picked up my Model 3 over the weekend. We set up our Driver Profiles. When I park the car and open the door to get out, I was expecting the seat to move back or the steering wheel to retract to give us room to get out. But it does not which makes exiting the car more difficult than it should be. So being a new Tesla owner, I was not sure if this is by design, or if the steering wheel is supposed to move up and in when you go to exit and for some reason mine isn't. Did I miss a setting somewhere, or is this just how it is? Even my 2015 Pathfinder seat would move back when we parked so we could exit without having to slide out from under the steering wheel.

Not only do you have to set "Easy Entry" but you have to set it up

When you toggle it on there will be a profile called easy entry, you will need to move the seat and the steering wheel to the position you want it to go to when it enters the profile.

• Informative
Reactions: GtiMart
Maybe this is a stupid question but I just picked up my Model 3 over the weekend. We set up our Driver Profiles. When I park the car and open the door to get out, I was expecting the seat to move back or the steering wheel to retract to give us room to get out. But it does not which makes exiting the car more difficult than it should be. So being a new Tesla owner, I was not sure if this is by design, or if the steering wheel is supposed to move up and in when you go to exit and for some reason mine isn't. Did I miss a setting somewhere, or is this just how it is? Even my 2015 Pathfinder seat would move back when we parked so we could exit without having to slide out from under the steering wheel.
you have much to learn but click on your profile name and theres an option for easy entry. This car has tons of little menus so just go through them all, its basically one giant computer on wheels

Is there a way to get a verbal reminder to take my Phone when exiting the car? All too often, I leave the phone in the car (usually at home) and it seems that such a message could accompany the movement of the driver's seat to the Easy Entry position. This drives me nuts.