TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Shoutout for Carpro Reload for Ceramic coating

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by AndrewAllen, Sep 2, 2019.

1. AndrewAllen

AndrewAllen Member

I did ceramic coating on both my model 3’s. One I took delivery in April and the other in August.

There is a YouTuber who suggested a maintenance coat of Reload from Carpro to extend it. I did both cars today.

I can’t believe how smooth the coating is when you run your fingers across it. I poured an entire bottle of water over the hood of one and it all rolled off.

If you are like me and still a bit nervous about ceramic coating, Reload is legit. It feels better than day 1 of ceramic coating. Pan is awesome!!

2. kiNGng3

kiNGng3 Member

Pan is definitely meticulous!

3. MarkinArch

MarkinArch 1st S.A.TX Non Owner TM3 Delivery

I don't have a ceramic coat but do apply Reload after every other wash. I love the stuff! Really smooth and glossy even without the ceramic coating.

4. jkdman123

jkdman123 Member

• Informative x 2
  5. Bandit

Bandit Member

I ceramic coated my Model 3 when I got it last June. Decided to try Reload just this weekend. Definitely seemed to add some gloss. I had read some people had streaking on darker cars so I diluted 1:1. It was my first time so I was being cautious. What color are you guys applying it on and did you dilute? I've got MSM but I think I'd be okay to apply without dilution.

6. MarkinArch

MarkinArch 1st S.A.TX Non Owner TM3 Delivery

@Bandit I don't dilute on my Silver Metallic, but can definitely see how it could look streaky on dark cars w/o diluting. I use a very light damp microfiber when I apply the Reload and it has worked to minimize streaks a lot. After applying I usually find a streak here or there during my final walk around and use the same damp cloth to remove. I say use it at full strength!

7. AndrewAllen

AndrewAllen Member

White.

The videos I watched had me spray on the microfiber cloth, apply, and then buff with a clean one. I have huge LED lights in my garage for cleaning/detailing and fortunately didn’t have any streaks. I can’t believe how little product was needed.

8. Dan Tran

Dan Tran New Member

CARPRO Reload is a very safe product that yields great results on all colors. I never found the need to dilute it down. As a matter of fact, the key thing I found with Reload is to use the “less is best” practice.

If you ever find it to be streaky, it may be a high possibility of using too much product. Should that be the case, the key is to use one microfiber towel to apply and an entirely different one to buff the rest away.

Black and darker color vehicles just make streaks appear easier. Hope this helps.