Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Show Off Your Aftermarket Model Y Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
35p8Cav.jpg

First official post in TMC! My first Tesla 23‘ MY Performance on monoblock die forged 19x9.5 +22 BBS RGR on MEATY 265/50/19 Michelin AS4
definitely made my jarring performance model drive a lot smoother on the roads!

35p8Cav.jpg

First official post in TMC! My first Tesla 23‘ MY Performance on monoblock die forged 19x9.5 +22 BBS RGR on MEATY 265/50/19 Michelin AS4
definitely made my jarring performance model drive a lot smoother on the roads!
Any chance you could post a pic from the front and back to see wheel/tire fitment? That front tire looks pretty big in the wheel well. Does it rub (even at full lock)?

Attachments

• IMG_3373.png
    IMG_3373.png
    668.3 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_3374.png
    IMG_3374.png
    570.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Any chance you could post a pic from the front and back to see wheel/tire fitment? That front tire looks pretty big in the wheel well. Does it rub (even at full lock)?

oVhTtSz.jpg

Dpys8Jh.jpg

It‘s definitely a big tire all around, rubs very slightly on the backside of the fender liner plastic in the front at full lock, other than that there is clearance on the (fenders, control arms, and brakes) doesn't rub at all when going straight even with suspension travel from bumps and dips, (I am not worried about the front liners).

Reactions: MODEL+
@carcrazyguy - I run a 29.3 up front and 29.9 in rear and no clearance issues at all.

Also OEM P front tires are 255. 275 is the rear.
Fully aware of factory MYP sizes. That is why I posted the comparison between the 275/35/21 and the 265/50/19. According to the previous wheel pic he is running that on the front as well. Just seems like a big (tall) tire to be running on the front. Almost an inch taller than the factory rear tire, on the front. That is why I asked if it rubbed, lock to lock.

Came out fantastic Eric! Glad we went this direction.
Fitment wise, how are you liking it?

Danny

Very good. The offset is just enough where they barely stick out past the wheel wells just a tiny bit. I thought for sure range would take a hit, but so far pretty similar to the factory Gemini wheels with wheel covers.

Over the 1200 miles I drove with the factory Gemini wheels & wheel covers, I averaged 262 Wh/mi in a mix of local and highway driving:

IMG_0722.jpeg

So far I’ve driven about 100 miles in the same mix of local and highway and this is what it looks like so far:

IMG_0728.jpeg

I’ll post an update if the efficiency changes. My guess is the efficiency in local driving is better due to the 10.5 lbs savings per wheel, but the highway is probably worse due to it being less aerodynamic.

As for performance, the car just feels lighter on its feet. Initial acceleration from a stop is definitely better, not really sure about acceleration once I’m already moving. Ride quality and handling show a bit of improvement.

• Love
Reactions: MODEL+