Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show us your Aftermarket Stereo Mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha, I'll one-up you and say that money spent on home audio systems is useless as well when you compare it to the live in-person experience while center-seated at the Hollywood Bowl or Disney Concert Hall with the LA Philharmonic or Hollywood Bowl Orchestra playing. They do screenings of blockbusters such as "Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Jaws, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, E.T, Star Wars, etc". It leans more John Williams heavy but that man is a living legend. I highly recommend it from either the Terrace Box seats or Super seats.

It's a completely different experience hearing a live arrangement and so much richer and brighter than the studio recorded soundtrack. The Rebel/Ewok battle on Endor has the strings section going nuts for a full straight 6 minutes...my wife and I joked that we thought the violins were going catch fire.

I spent a couple thousand on my home audio and will gladly admit it sounds like junk compared to a live chamber assemble or even my cousin-quartet (granted 3 of them are professional musicians and professors). As for the Tesla, our 11/13 built base audio with MCU2 could use an upgrade. I'd love to use bigger woofers at the front door, add a class D amp with DSP, and add some sound deadening material to the front doors and wheel well areas. I'm trying to keep it under $2K.

EDIT: Even more extra is when the LA Phil performs with acts like Ludacris, Janet Jackson, Christina Aguilera, Cafe Tacvba, and Duran Duran.
I hear you. I am a big fan of live music myself. I understand.
Really, when driving, I find myself listening way more to Audiobooks, podcasts, and such. Not music. Music is for when I am home. And I drive a minimum of 90 minutes daily. Unfortunately

Reactions: maximizese