Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side Camera Popping Out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

so I recently notice the side camera (passenger side) of my model 3 is sticking out (see pics below). I tried to pop it back in but it seems pretty firmly stuck in place. So I'm not worried about it popping out, but the OCD in me just wants to make it flush somehow.

This issue happened earlier and I took it back to the people who did my chrome delete, but they simply just popped the bottom side latch out since it somehow got tucked in to fix the issue. This is the top side thats now sticking out. I'm not sure if theres anyway I can buy just a replacement plastic housing or what my best route of getting this fixed is. Any ideas/suggestions would be super helpful.
IMG_2572.jpg
IMG_2572.jpg
IMG_2573.jpg

Mine is the same way. It bothers me sometimes but I try and ignore it since its functioning properly. I also tried pushing it in further but its very solid and does not budge. I did buy some stick on covers that looks sort of like your wrap. This helped cover up the gap a bit so its not as noticeable.

Mine is the same way. It bothers me sometimes but I try and ignore it since its functioning properly. I also tried pushing it in further but its very solid and does not budge. I did buy some stick on covers that looks sort of like your wrap. This helped cover up the gap a bit so its not as noticeable.
I've needed to have my side repeater replaced under warranty as it was loose (like in the pictures above). Tesla didn't question it and replaced gladly.

Reactions: XLR82XS
Hey all,

so I recently notice the side camera (passenger side) of my model 3 is sticking out (see pics below). I tried to pop it back in but it seems pretty firmly stuck in place. So I'm not worried about it popping out, but the OCD in me just wants to make it flush somehow.

This issue happened earlier and I took it back to the people who did my chrome delete, but they simply just popped the bottom side latch out since it somehow got tucked in to fix the issue. This is the top side thats now sticking out. I'm not sure if theres anyway I can buy just a replacement plastic housing or what my best route of getting this fixed is. Any ideas/suggestions would be super helpful.View attachment 454920 View attachment 454920 View attachment 454921

I know this is an old thread, but what did you end up doing? I'm having the same issue after a PPF install :/

The hot sun seems to have loosened my right-side repeater and it is wobbly if I touch it. Since the camera is fixed in the housing, the camera wobbles as well. Autopilot is still working but I'm not going to use it until this gets fixed at my service center in two weeks. Wonder if I should insist that they re-calibrate the camera/s as well?

...yeah this is reassuring to hear - soooo, do any of y'all notice this semi-concerning clickity clackity sound when driving without music/etc on? The sound is concerning but this doesn't look like it's going to fall off, it's just loose as described above. I had some body work done and nothing is loose on my right side paneling except the camera housing as before...thanks for any input