Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

side view mirrors not returning to profile setting after Easy Entry (video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noted this or a similar problem...I thought the setting was slipping as every few days I have been resetting and reprogramming my mirrors. I think it may be happening sporadically with my driver's side mirror. I will try to mess with the Easy Entry Mirror settings and see if I can confirm.

I emailed Tesla support yesterday, I'll post when they reply....
Anyone else with this issue?

This has only happened to me when I get back in after washing the car at a self-serve car wash. Not sure if it's water related or pressure related, but the mirror is tilted down when I get in the car. I will be going to the wash today and will see if it happens again (and hopefully when).

This has only happened to me when I get back in after washing the car at a self-serve car wash. Not sure if it's water related or pressure related, but the mirror is tilted down when I get in the car. I will be going to the wash today and will see if it happens again (and hopefully when).
No issue with my mirror during this wash. I even aimed the pressure washer directly at the mirror to get it to move, but it did not. So, I am not sure what is causing my driver-side mirror to randomly move.

+1
Stopped off at a wash stall this morning and just hosed down the car with the high pressure wash. My driver side mirror is reliably NOT moving back to its pre-set position after getting in and out of the car (passenger side mirror is fine) but the high pressure wash at the car wash had no impact.

I also made sure that the mirror tilt function is OFF - so I am not even sure why the mirrors are moving at all with Easy Entry.

Nope. I even had a new side mirror ( mirror, housing, motor etc) installed and it still happens.
I “solved” it by setting my easy entry mirror setting to be the same as my driving setting. So now the mirror doesn’t move out of position when I get in or out of the car.

I had this just start happening to my passenger side mirror but with going into Reverse...having the mirrors tilt down...and then when I select Drive, the passenger side stays down occasionally. The last update has made this more stable. I think it happening around a high pressure car wash might have some merit. I just washed my car prior to first noticing this.

I emailed Tesla and will post back if they answer me.

I had this just start happening to my passenger side mirror but with going into Reverse...having the mirrors tilt down...and then when I select Drive, the passenger side stays down occasionally. The last update has made this more stable. I think it happening around a high pressure car wash might have some merit. I just washed my car prior to first noticing this.

I emailed Tesla and will post back if they answer me.

Please do. I haven't taken my car to a car wash (only by hand). It's been happening since I got the car. I considered doing a service appointment to replace the motor but seems like it's not the right solution.

This happened to me after a pressure wash. Does it sort itself out after?