Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

profile side-view mirror setting when backing up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I set up a BackUp Profile to move the side-view mirrors to the best position to have in-place when backing up in our driveway, and heading out into the street.
Unfortunately, my saved setting never holds for the backup process. It doesn't matter if I select the backup profile before I start backing up or select the backup profile after I have started to backup. Any thoughts / suggestions?

Solution
I think what they are talking about is that when auto tilt is turned on, it is tilting the mirrors all of the way down instead of where he thought he saved them when in backup mode. I have the same issue, and thought I was crazy. I like that they adjust down, but dont want them going down all the way to the wheels.
my saved setting never holds for the backup process
Not sure I can offer any help, but could you explain how the mirrors behave in response to your inputs? What do the mirrors do immediately after choosing your backup profile? If they move into the desired position, how long do they remain that way? Is there some event (passage of time, shifting into reverse, the beginning of movement, something else) that makes the mirror move correctly or incorrectly? Do the normal profile and the backup profile have the same or different settings for Vehicle > Mirror Auto-Fold and for Controls > Auto-Fold Set at This Location?

Upvote 0
I think what they are talking about is that when auto tilt is turned on, it is tilting the mirrors all of the way down instead of where he thought he saved them when in backup mode. I have the same issue, and thought I was crazy. I like that they adjust down, but dont want them going down all the way to the wheels.

Upvote 0
Solution
Not sure I can offer any help, but could you explain how the mirrors behave in response to your inputs? What do the mirrors do immediately after choosing your backup profile? If they move into the desired position, how long do they remain that way? Is there some event (passage of time, shifting into reverse, the beginning of movement, something else) that makes the mirror move correctly or incorrectly? Do the normal profile and the backup profile have the same or different settings for Vehicle > Mirror Auto-Fold and for Controls > Auto-Fold Set at This Location?
Thank you Radio Kid. Spinkick nailed it. I had auto tilt turned on.

Upvote 0