Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sideswiped in San Francisco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_7031.jpeg

Tesla peeps could you help me out!
Liability already established to be 100% fault of other driver. I filed a claim through their insurance. This happened in San Francisco.
Car isn’t drivable. Rear passenger wheel bent, it screeches even at low speeds. Messages on screen says it needs a steering alignment and to take the car off the road.

1) I will only use a Tesla certified body shop…or is this necessary? I’m worried that I will get lowballed by the adjuster. He has said he won’t pay for OEM parts. But I’m worried a non-certified Tesla shop wouldn’t know how to fix the damages, especially since steering alignment is off.

2) resolutions manager said he will only pay for a car rental when the car is in the shop, that doesn’t sound right since the car isn’t drivable. Shouldn’t the be responsible for a car rental until the car is fixed? It’s not my fault they took over a week and a half to get the claim going.

3) Appraiser hasn’t contacted me yet. How big of a check do you think I will receive for all the damage? What about diminished value due to an accident?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_7007.jpeg
    IMG_7007.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7006.jpeg
    IMG_7006.jpeg
    363.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7005.jpeg
    IMG_7005.jpeg
    493.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7004.jpeg